Wiper & brake pedal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MyFirstMerc

Car
W203 - 180K
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and glad to find it accidentally one day during surfing. Dream to own one since i was 10 and last December 2003, I got my first Merc and loved it. It was a C180K, at least that what i can afford now but (will work hard to achieve my next dream model CLK).

Since i am new to Merc, is it normal that you can feel the some vibration on the brake pedal whenever the windscreen wiper is switched on. It is as if the moving mechanism of the wiper can be feel on the brake pedal. I can feel it whenever it raining and i stopped at the traffic light. It hope it doesn't cause any damage to the mechanism.

Any ideas???

Thanks.

:confused:

Welcome to the land of help and assistance mate.

You are not yet used to the large bladed single wiper. They do vibrate a bit, if it is excessive you could have wear in the mechanism mate. Normally it is nothing to worry about.:cool:

Originally posted by Brian WH
Welcome to the land of help and assistance mate.

You are not yet used to the large bladed single wiper. They do vibrate a bit, if it is excessive you could have wear in the mechanism mate. Normally it is nothing to worry about.:cool:

Would a C180K not be a W203 with 2 wipers??

Yup , i was waiting till it rained before i say anything . I know you will find this had to believe , but , we have had three days in a row in Scotland without rain :eek:

Originally posted by fuzzer
Yup , i was waiting till it rained before i say anything . I know you will find this had to believe , but , we have had three days in a row in Scotland without rain :eek:

.....and this w/e I even got sunburn :eek: :eek:

Thanks guy,
Feel a lot better now after Brian's post. Thanks again Brian. Will go for a spin this weekend if the weather in Scotland permits.

Ps: Graham, you were right about the 2 wipers blade on C180K. Sorry if i annoyed anyone because of my stupidity. Will it still vibrates like a single wiper did???

Thanks

Originally posted by MyFirstMerc
Thanks guy,
Feel a lot better now after Brian's post. Thanks again Brian. Will go for a spin this weekend if the weather in Scotland permits.

Ps: Graham, you were right about the 2 wipers blade on C180K. Sorry if i annoyed anyone because of my stupidity. Will it still vibrates like a single wiper did???

Thanks

You annoyed nobody. We don't worry about asking any questions on here.

I don't mind being corrected, but I think Brian answered in error thinking you had the older style mono wiper.

Come on W203 owners, give a proper answer!!!

ive got no idea ... Great car no matter what people say about cost cutting.

Thanks a lot guys.
Now i can enjoy the drive without being worried too much. Grin...weather doesn't look good now in Scotland grin... :<

Originally posted by MyFirstMerc
Thanks a lot guys.
Now i can enjoy the drive without being worried too much. Grin...weather doesn't look good now in Scotland grin... :<

I hope it will be nice next week, starting on Sunday:rolleyes: .................please.:(

I will tell one thing when I put my wipers on fast the whole car shakes a little though I don t feel it through the brake pedal. Anyone would think the girlfriend leaning accross the car to clear the windscreem.

Cheers
Ian

Originally posted by rirhill
I will tell one thing when I put my wipers on fast the whole car shakes a little though I don t feel it through the brake pedal. Anyone would think the girlfriend leaning accross the car to clear the windscreem.

Cheers
Ian

this all sounds a bit Gillian Taylforth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom