wiper jam>?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_ace5288

has anyone had problems with ther single wiper jamming (w202) quarter way up the windscreen and quarter way from normal setting position? was raining today and was terrbile on the m6!

also when i sometimes turn my indicator my wiper flicks up and stops straight away. any ideas?

NOt to sure really may be the same problem that I had

[thread=14382]See here :D [/thread]

Seems a common problem.

Swamp the metal piston thingumy with wd 40....I did and fair zipping along like a bastard now. :D

"Swamp the metal piston thingumy with wd 40" as M/Bent says is o.k. for a quick fix but it will dry out eventually, the 3 shiney rods under the wipers black plastic cover need greesing every 2 or 3 months

I believe the best this to do is use a silicone based grease/lubricant. you need to take the black plastic cover off first and clean any existing gunk off then apply the new lube on all the moving part and try the wiper again.

This link from Stratman should help you with the process!

Wiper Jammed

mr_ace5288 said:
has anyone had problems with ther single wiper jamming (w202) quarter way up the windscreen and quarter way from normal setting position? was raining today and was terrbile on the m6!

also when i sometimes turn my indicator my wiper flicks up and stops straight away. any ideas?

Dear mr_ace5288,
well it was once a frens car havin the same problem as you stated, and found out that the wiper tips stuck at the edge of the metal frame of the windscreen. So it can even move the wiper. Then it might also be other possibility that the motor is not powerful to push the wiper when it is almost to the center. Try check this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom