wiper jets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tezz

Car
A180 w169 2006 2.0 cdi
looking at issue on my car, has anyone disconnected them and tried to reverse clean them.

they are working but drivers side very weak, looking at jets needle not simple solution to be tried.

So was filling my gas lighter and noticed a lot of very fine adaptors I don't use that might produce a good jet stream.

looking in cupboards I have some nitrogen left, a full 20oz of nitrous bottle from bike. the lighter gas and wd40, im sure I could rig a delivery system to get gas to flow opposite to water

with issues on rear and with bottle looks like particles has anyone tried cleaning out jets ? before replacing

I've used a football type adapter with my 12v tyre inflators. Blowing up the pipe it builds pressure and a few times eventually clears obstruction..

If it's anything like my S204, the end of the pipe (drivers side in my case) there's a plastic plug you can easily remove, maybe you can see the pipe before the drivers side jet and crimp it closed with a small mole grip or similar then blow in where you've pulled the end plug. My jets are a tight wickered push fit into the pipe, I managed to get the drivers and centre jet plus pipe down far enough that I could disconnect the pipe from the NS of the centre jet, first attempt I chickened out, but then I got the second hand replacement so was able to play with that, found how to twist and pull so got the original apart and fitted the replacement. I'm told that heating the pipe a little helps get the pipe foo the jet.

My indie told me that later Mercs have more of a spray jet than a nozzle so the old fashioned needle up the 'ole may cause more damage. He cleared mine with a quick burst from his airline from the outside

Finally got around to this issue, they are the type that clips into the plastic trim on bonnet, looking at missing panel clips once I removed panel, suggest to me this has been an issue before, I cleaned out tank, filled with deionised water and shell additive, no joy, removed pipes from jets all run fine up to jets, on closer inspection of jets, the holes are very very fine, to point I find them to be a design flaw or impractical in long term and even if I spent £140 on replacements sooner or later issue would come back, due to there location and fixings, just replacing Nozzles for £5 seam not to be possible, next option was a kit to convert washer to wiper mounted jet, look simple and easy to do, was messing with jets and on closer inspection it looked as if the small oblong bit you adjust was push on, yep I had to do it , got a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled of he small jet block, tried washers, worked great not a fan spray like MB just a single jet, put all back together tested cleans screen just fine and the nozzle that's left is still adjustable and bore is now much like a normal jet. Im assuming as now working ok is ok with MOT staff.

Cost to fix zero and heaters are still in place.

Rear wiper was same, was blocked at very end, £1.50 for a jet from china, pull out old one push in new all fixed.

Terry

on to next niggle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom