Wipers stopped working and went jerky + 2 error messages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sicario

SUPPORTER
Car
W212 2009 E350 Avantguarde
Hey all, if i may ask to share your wisdom and experience??

I was driving home from work today in my recently acquired 2009 E350 and its the first time ive had to use my wipers, they worked for about 5 seconds then stopped in the upright position, when i twist the wiper control they jerk, move and bit and stop, each wiper speed setting i set they jerked about 5mm and stopped, then suddenly they just went back to home position, while this was happening two error messages popped up telling me my Tyre pressure monitoring & ESP were both Inoperative.

Switched everything off & back on again, no error messages but dare not use the wipers again. I plugged in my MB2 and didnt see any fault codes.

Low battery voltage? Faulty wiper control stalk?

A new fault code came up this morning, Brake Light Switch Unreasonable Signal

I noticed upon starting up this morning, foot on brake pedal, handbrake applied, no wipers

Released handbrake, foot off brake pedal, wipers worked

Huh ??? How could they possibly be related???

Strange... sounds still like a voltage problem, perhaps via bad/corroded grounding... I have not heard bad moisture problems of W212 SAMs, but that's one route too.

If there was a SAM issue then surely i would get an error code?

I just ordered a brake light switch, for the sake of £25 i`ll replace it to rule it out

Check door switch; open door would prevent wipers to sweep. But simultaneous other errors points to 'general' problem somewhere.

Si hubiera un problema con SAM, ¿seguramente obtendría un código de error?

Acabo de pedir un interruptor de luz de freno, por £ 25 lo reemplazaré para descartarlo
Hello

Sorry for my poor english
¿Can you solved? I have the same problem and I think that the Sam is the problem

I have a W204 320cdi and the battery is New because I replaced one mounth ago

Thanks

Last edited:
The problem solved itself, whenever i need the wipers to work, i turn the stalk to the first click (intermittent) then switch the car on and hey presto they work, been ok ever since.

Thanks for your answer
I think that my throuble is a 1kk relay when it's Hot don't work well, I trying when it arrives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom