Wipers will not turn off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hillman

Car
a209
Hi All

I have a strange new problem. I have a 2004 CLK 320 convertible with auto wipers on it, which have developed a starnge fault. When you set the stalk to OFF the wipers contiue to run. If I turn 1 click in to auto they work as expected. When in the auto position they wipe once when the car is started and then return to the seated position, if it rains they spring into life and work as they should.

However if I set the stalk to off they start working and just keep going until I turn off the ignition. Evidently not a major issue as can be left in "auto" mode and everything works, just a niggle that I would like to resolve. HAs anyone seen this before?

Read a few posts and can't see a resolution to this problem but in some of the other posts people mentioned faulty indicators ETC which could be the stalk. Mine works fine for the indicators ETC just the issue with the not truning off so I think the stalk is fine.

Many thanks

Paul

The stalks are a common failure on these, IMO just leave it in auto and don’t worry about it :)

HI CLK320x, I know I should but I've just got the car and love it...........I just want it to be perfect :) YUP I'm sad. Still I have a fall back of live with it as is. Do you know if the stalk is hard to change, if it turns out to be the stlak?

Do the wipers self park properly in auto. Sometimes wipers not stopping can be caused by a faulty self parking switch in the wipers themselves. However,this does seem unlikely if they park normally in auto.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

It is proberly the stalk as posted they do go wrong,before you try and sort that out try cleaning the windscreen motor assembly,not a hard job a few screws to lift the top of the mechanism that allows the electric contacts to operate the wipers,worth a try,hey just found a you tube video doing just that on a clk,give it a look.

Hi Borris1954. Yes they park fine which is a good thing I am hopeing :)

zipdip - Just seen the vid and yes that looks a good place to start. Hoepfully it can be cleaned out. Many thanks both Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom