WIPERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Smudger

Car
W211 E320CDI, W208 CLK 320, 260E W124, W219 CLS320
OK, noticed a bit of an issue on my CLS the other day. The wipers were on auto, and it was raining lightly. I did notice though that the screen was becoming more difficult to see through, like as if the sensor was not picking up the fact the screen was soaking! So, i pressed the wiper stalk in once to activate the wipers, nothing... Panic sort of set in as i was on the M4 doing quite a high speed!!

So, i switched the wiper stalk to 'off' then back to auto, when it started working again, this happened a couple more times, then seemed OK?

Anyone had this before? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve.

you Might want to get your wiper motor looked at as I had the same experience in my b180 on the M4 on my way to Reading, but instead of eventually starting mine actually stopped working with wipers stuck in a vertical position on the windscreen forcing me to pull over on the hard shoulder very quickly...just shelled out just under £350 to get it replaced

OK, noticed a bit of an issue on my CLS the other day. The wipers were on auto, and it was raining lightly. I did notice though that the screen was becoming more difficult to see through, like as if the sensor was not picking up the fact the screen was soaking! So, i pressed the wiper stalk in once to activate the wipers, nothing... Panic sort of set in as i was on the M4 doing quite a high speed!!

So, i switched the wiper stalk to 'off' then back to auto, when it started working again, this happened a couple more times, then seemed OK?

When did you last have the Bonnet Open?

Similar thing happend to me on my C Class, the Bonnet Microswitch was not sufficiently Closed and this stops the Wipers from moving as it assumes the Bonnet is Open, although it's

I had the same thing on my W211 E55.

Always fixed by turning off and on again so never pursued as I presumed an electrical gremlin and I didn't do enough miles in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom