wireless bluetooth speaker recommendation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
50 quid budget
laptop with no BT so adaptor required
10 to 20 watts
battery powered

any suggestions?
no fancy functions, just music playing.

thanks

Juicebar. I paid £26 for it to take on holiday so we could have music in our villa, I expected it to be adequate but was amazed at how good it was for so little cash.

I'm not sure that it's as powerful as you're looking for but worth trying. I got mine in Sainsbury's but I think they're pretty widely available. Also rechargeable via micro-usb so batteries aren't a problem.

mate requires wireless. sorry. but I agree it would be easier wired....

Sorry to be Mr Pedantic, but the power output depends on what side of the Atlantic you live.. Most Chinese manufacturers (which means most manufacturers) aim at the US market where Peak-to-peal power figures are traditionally quoted.

So basically, 20watts PMPO=10watts RMS (on a good day) then divide by 2 over here to get the true figure = 5watts..

Luckily, the actual percieved difference between 10watts and 5 watts is "not much"..(3dB)

I have 3 Bose, Soundfreaq and Cambridge audio, all more than the price band you are in but I would rate them

1. Cambridge audio
  2. Soundfreaq
  3. Bose

Very disappointed with the Bose lacks depth and top end volume compared to the other two and it was the most expensive, Soundfreaq was the cheapest and good value for money but the Cambridge audio gives best bang for your buck.

Sorry to be Mr Pedantic,

Sorry to be pedantic, but shouldn't that be Mr Pedant? ;)

And sorry also to the OP, recognising the following are outside the required price range.

I have 3 Bose, Soundfreaq and Cambridge audio, all more than the price band you are in but I would rate them

1. Cambridge audio
  2. Soundfreaq
  3. Bose

Very disappointed with the Bose lacks depth and top end volume compared to the other two and it was the most expensive

That's interesting.

I've bought 2 bluetooth speakers over the past couple of months and both are excellent.

One's a Ruark R1 - bought for Mrs P's bathroom. Excellent DAB and Bluetooth, small, classy and discrete.

And the other is a Bose SoundLink III which I bought for my son's 20th. He loves it and takes it almost everywhere with him. Although as you say it's not the loudest. No complaints on bass though. What Bose did you buy? Guessing you're a metal fan? ;)

233062756alt1

We've also got an older Bose Soundwave(?) no DAB or Bluetooth but very big sound and another Ruark, this time an R2 (pre bluetooth). Excellent although pricey.

My Bose is a Soundlink II model, as I say very disappointing :mad:

You are spot on I am a metal fan :rolleyes:

I also upgraded my home theatre system to Cambridge audio switching away from Yamaha best move I ever made 4k compatible and awesome 7.1 sound from a Great British company :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom