Wireless HDMI help required please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
I would like to transmit HD around 20 meters from sky box to 2nd tv in bedroom downstairs in my bungalow. Currently its coaxed wired with an eye to another tv upstairs (channel change via an eye).
I do not want to use the tv upstairs but somehow transmit the lounge skybox without running a very long HDMI cable HDMI Cable
I think there are wireless transmitters and receivers about but need advice.
Any suggestions please if my waffle makes any sense

I have an HDMI source pumped around the house using Cat5 network cable and the converter. Was not too expensive to set up. Can wireless sustain the higher bandwidth of HD?

S

Assuming you have a good signal, I would say yes.
I can stream 4k (netflix) via wireless no problem. So Can't see any issue with hdmi

Hmmm, just had a look and hdmi bandwidth is in Gb/s
Might be struggling on wireless...

Can you not just use another eye? I have RF2 out from my sky box cabled back to a distribution amp in the loft, eyes on both remote TV's and can control and watch the Sky box from either of the remote TV's.

If you can get boxes instead that connect via Ethernet grab some Homelink plugs, £14.99 a pair on Amazon. One plugs into plug socket in (living room) > router, the other plugs into plug socket (bedroom) > tv box.

Your homes electrical wiring carries the broadband signal. Ethernet speed at wifi flexibility :thumb:

You can send over wireless in HD, but you will also need an active hdmi splitter

I have a dual zone av amp, the primary does the living room tv, then zone 2 pushes hdmi over cat5 to the main bedroom

I put our sky box in a centralish cupboard with an HDMI out to an HDMI splitter, with an HDMI cable to each room (longest 20m, shortest 5m)
Magic eye in each room and aerial feed to each room.
Works great.
Also have 2 x Cat5e to each room but these only get used for main smart TV, xboxes & computers/printer/etc

depends what sort of quality you are talking, I was trying to watch a 2160P tv show from my NAS router across to my laptop (which has 4k resolution also), and it was jumpy.

I have no problems with my hardware and its not a router issue.

I had to physically copy the file to my laptop to get it to play (smoothly).

actually, if this is about normal HD should be fine. I have no problem with full HD, just 4k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom