Wireless Printer Wanted (Reccomendations please)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got a Brother MFC6490CW (think the current model is a Brother MFC-J6920DW)
A3 scanner/printer/copier/fax.
Wired/network/wifi/usb/sd card and I think the latest one has NFC
Reasonable ink costs and has performed well for a number of years

I use a Brother HL-3140CW. Although not a heavy user, printer has worked very well.

I had trouble with wireless printers.

Same here.

My suspicion is that some routers and printers don't play well together and that the router's DHCP implementation combined with the printers' extended sleeping lie at the heart of this.

Everybody, thank you all for taking time to respond. It does appear that everybody has their own choice, which I think is no surprise. Also no clear favourites.

I did really like the OKI as out of all it does get the best ratings and is certainly a quality build. However I couldn't justify the spend for the amount of printing I do. I just missed out on one on eBay in an auction.

So today I took the plunge and went for a Canon PIXMA MX925.

It has the features I wanted:

Fully wireless (can be locked in a cupboard) not that I will do that.
Full Duplex
Doc feeder that holds 350 A4 sheets
Separate Photo Paper feeder tray
AIR print from iphone or tablet.
Quality Scanner
USB stick port

No hassle to install - This is very important as manuals encourage silly comments from the wife. I am a man and have no need for manuals, preferring to destroy things rather than read the manual.

Inks are not to bad in price @ £25. I also took out the Two year no haggle replacement (new for old) at £20 as history tells me that I will break this.

Oh it's black and shiny and has flashing lights and a display that shows you stuff to do with how to work it. So all in all I'm happy with my purchase.

Thanks again for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom