Wires inside the seat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glideman

Car
1993 E220 Estate
My 1994 E220 TE has wires going to the underside of each front seat, has anyone any idea what these are for? The car does not have electric seats:confused:

Thanks

Originally posted by Glideman
My 1994 E220 TE has wires going to the underside of each front seat, has anyone any idea what these are for? The car does not have electric seats:confused:
Mine has them too, it is thought that both front seats contains a sensor for the airbag system, possibly in conjunction with a factory fitted child seat.

There are wires going into the seats on W124's that connect to the front seat belt anchors so that when you insert your seat belt, the warning lghts go off.

I thought those warning lights on W124s were on a timer...

quote from the handbook

"the seatbelt warning lamp is to remind the passengers that the seatbelts should be fastened before driving off. After flashing for a short while it will go out automatically"

Ours flash regardless of whether the seatbelts are used or not for about 10 seconds.

Andy

Mine switch off immediately when I plug in the seatbelt......then again, I have seat belt presenters on the same circuit so mebbe its different for the coupe's.

Maybe it was changed on the W124 facelift? I know my dad's 1987 W124 seatbelt warning light is on a timer, like Andy's.

S.

My Mum's Rover has similar wires which are part of the warning system for the SRS system (in this case Seat belt pre-tensioners). After giving the car a bit of a clean recently she must of knocked one because a couple of days later her Airbag light came on and stayed on. Rover dealer wanted 40 quid to reset the light!!! Quick fiddle under the seat cleared the problem and the light!

Thanks for the replys everybody :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom