Wiring Harness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manofgresley

Car
CLK 320 Elegance Convertible
Hi all.

My son has recently bought me new KENWOOD DAB radio for my car, which is a 2001, CLK 320 (W208)

The car has had what looks like the original basic Mercedes Stereo 10 head in it, though the volume control on the steering wheel as never worked.

Before i wire in my new stereo, does anyone know if this model was definitely fitted with steering wheel volume controls, as it would be nice to re instate them, there are unconnected cables behind the head unit but without a wiring diagram, which I have scoured the internet for and have had no success in obtaining I am in the dark as they say.

Regards

Ray

Ray

The original steering wheel control signals are sent via a slip ring, these have been known to fail, also, I believe the original signals then go via the CAN Bus? If so then many after market head units will not be able too receive the signals from the wheel controls.

There are some companies that can supply converters to enable you to tie up the wheel controls and newer head units.

Might be worth asking these chaps (Forum sponsors) for advice:https://www.commandonline.co.uk/

Good luck1

David

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom