Wiring loom connections

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by nujon, May 4, 2010.

1. nujon

nujon Active Member

Anyone know if MB-compatible harness connectors are automobile industry standard and whether they can be made up by hand (subject to the plastic connector bodies and flat / pin M/F connectors being available). I ask since I note that a number of UK auto-electrical suppliers market a range of connector systems and terminal crimping tools - but I don't know if they generic or unique .

(P.S. anyone know what type of hand crimp tool will replicate the factory crimp of the core and sleeve of a (non-insulated) flat or pin connector (you know - where the crimp results in the connector wings being rolled inwards towards one another and meeting on the connector centre-line)

2. Diesel Benz

Diesel Benz MB Enthusiast

Car:
    222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
    Are you after a few connector housings only or are you planning to produce a lot of harnesses? You can buy most connector housings and connector pins as spare parts from MB which is OK for a small task but costly if it is a business for you.

I would assume standard crimp tools work on most connector pins.

3. OP
    OP
    nujon

nujon Active Member

Thanks DB - i did not appreciate that MB would sell loom connectors / components (bodies and terminals) to retail