Wiring loom for analogue clock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cmonyoureds

Car
GLA 35. X4 M40i
I’m changing the piano black centre console which doesn’t come with analogue clock on my W205 C63 to the black ash one which comes with the analogue clock. I need to add a wiring loom for this and have been quoted nearly £200 from comand.uk which I feel is a bit expensive. Does anyone know of anyone else who produces these plug and play wiring looms?

You can get them from China for £20. Covid included FOC.

If that is still too expensive, you should try and make it yourself. The Comand loom won’t look too dear after all.

If that is still too expensive, you should try and make it yourself. The Comand loom won’t look too dear after all.
COVID is an airborne virus, not cable borne, and you don’t have to go to China to get it. Just saying😉

I’m changing the piano black centre console which doesn’t come with analogue clock on my W205 C63 to the black ash one which comes with the analogue clock. I need to add a wiring loom for this and have been quoted nearly £200 from comand.uk which I feel is a bit expensive. Does anyone know of anyone else who produces these plug and play wiring looms?
I was thinking to do this too but I don’t fancy them black ash consoles (had one in my GLC). So looks like carbon fibre for me :(

If you find a cheap wiring loom can you send me a link too please

I was thinking to do this too but I don’t fancy them black ash consoles (had one in my GLC). So looks like carbon fibre for me :(

If you find a cheap wiring loom can you send me a link too please
I definitely will do mate. I was looking for a carbon one myself but they are hard to come by and the two I would have went for were collection only. I got the black ash one for £300 with the IWC clock which wasn’t too bad. I may change to a carbon one some day if one comes up at a reasonable price and they are willing to deliver it.

I definitely will do mate. I was looking for a carbon one myself but they are hard to come by and the two I would have went for were collection only. I got the black ash one for £300 with the IWC clock which wasn’t too bad. I may change to a carbon one some day if one comes up at a reasonable price and they are willing to deliver it.
Keep me posted!!!
Do we need anyone to code in the clock or will the command system just “see” it and allow you to adjust the time

So THAT'S how you catch the Covid.
Good info cheers.

Keep me posted!!!
Do we need anyone to code in the clock or will the command system just “see” it and allow you to adjust the time
According to the ‘research’ I’ve done no coding is required, the clock adjusts automatically. There are some really informative threads on this forum on the subject.
The one by Kdshooter is especially good as he has attached photos👍

COVID is an airborne virus, not cable borne, and you don’t have to go to China to get it. Just saying😉

I don't think the OP was considering going to China. The cost of the ticket alone is likely to frighten him to death.

Air freighting the loom would make the virus airborne too I'd have thought?

So THAT'S how you catch the Covid.
Good info cheers.

Sourcing cheap parts for your AMG cars would do that to you, yes.

Can you not use individually shrink wrapped female connections to fit onto the male connections on the rear of the clock ?

The style of the connection looks familiar , what about wiring connections from a PC ?

I very much doubt that MB would use that type of connection only for the clock , it is probably used elsewhere on something else.

What about this : 11.04US $ 8% OFF|TE/AMP 2 929169 1 A 3 Pin female car/auto IWC/ ventilation switch/negative ion/memory seat plug connector for Mercedes Benz|Connectors| - AliExpress

K

Last edited:
Can you not use individually shrink wrapped female connections to fit onto the male connections on the rear of the clock ?

The style of the connection looks familiar , what about wiring connections from a PC ?

I very much doubt that MB would use that type of connection only for the clock , it is probably used elsewhere on something else.

What about this : 11.04US $ 8% OFF|TE/AMP 2 929169 1 A 3 Pin female car/auto IWC/ ventilation switch/negative ion/memory seat plug connector for Mercedes Benz|Connectors| - AliExpress

K
I’m pretty terrible with all things electric so I’m not sure. I can get the plug that fits directly into the clock from Mercedes but I also require a wiring harness and they don’t sell it. I think I’ve sourced a wiring harness complete with plug from Germany, it’s 50 euros for the part and 50euros for delivery. Cable set Plug'n'Play analogue clock

Last edited:
I’m pretty terrible with all things electric so I’m not sure. I can get the plug that fits directly into the clock from Mercedes but I also require a wiring harness and they don’t sell it. I think I’ve sourced a wiring harness complete with plug from Germany, it’s 50 euros for the part and 50euros for delivery. Cable set Plug'n'Play analogue clock

I kind of get the £40 ish for the harness but £40 ish for delivery is a bit of a pi$$ take , considering it would probably be sent as a large letter.

K

See if we have any frequent Germany visitors or natives who can receive and post it out for you :)

I kind of get the £40 ish for the harness but £40 ish for delivery is a bit of a pi$$ take , considering it would probably be sent as a large letter.

K
Aye a know, but it’s still half the price I was quoted elsewhere. I have one other UK based company to contact tomorrow, if I get no luck there I will order the one from Germany.

Aye a know, but it’s still half the price I was quoted elsewhere. I have one other UK based company to contact tomorrow, if I get no luck there I will order the one from Germany.

If it is only a three wire connection then why cant you just use three pieces of wire either soldered ,or pushed , onto the connectors at the rear of the clock ?

K

If it is only a three wire connection then why cant you just use three pieces of wire either soldered ,or pushed , onto the connectors at the rear of the clock ?

K
Doing a wee bit of research on forums seem to suggest the easiest way is plug n play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom