Wiring: W903 Engine harness advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classicmel

Car
Mercedes 190e
Hi, I'm not getting any of the right answers and not sure if I'm even on the right threads so am trying here. W903 2003 Cdi sprinter, had the black death, small fortune spent but now has one fault come up on the ready as 'open circuit' on one glow plug though the same one has been changed 3 times in one year, also and not showing anywhere is that the van starts and as soon as it's warm, it goes into limp mode, ok, so it has been suggested to buy another loom and for it to be spliced into the old one- well, all the connectors and such and then see if anything else comes up. I'm trying to find if this is even feasable and why not just change the loom in the first place? I'm not trying to be ignorant here, I just don't know.

The van has had all new glow plugs- recon injectors with 1yr warranty, oil and fuel filter so it's not like i can walk away now so any advice more than welcome, i'm not sure whether to try taking it elsewhere and see what they suggest or buy the loom and go with the company who suggested the replacement.

i think before you start throwing anymore money at it you need a proper diagnosis if you have an open circuit then there is a break somewhere in the loom or maybe the glow plug module or maybe the main ecu,i think you should seek advice from a proper auto electrician who can maybe check the wiring etc before you start splicing into existing wiring you could create more problems than what you have got,if the fault is on one glow plug can you swap it around to see if the fault moves or maybe check the wiring from the faulty glow plug back to the module to see if there are any breaks especially near brackets or where it has been cable tied places like that,also if i remember correctly the sprinters had a little black bag that housed a multi plug that would fill up with water but i am not sure if that was on the earlier version of sprinter.but defineatley do a proper investigation before throwing anymore money at it.

i think before you start throwing anymore money at it you need a proper diagnosis if you have an open circuit then there is a break somewhere in the loom or maybe the glow plug module or maybe the main ecu,i think you should seek advice from a proper auto electrician who can maybe check the wiring etc before you start splicing into existing wiring you could create more problems than what you have got,if the fault is on one glow plug can you swap it around to see if the fault moves or maybe check the wiring from the faulty glow plug back to the module to see if there are any breaks especially near brackets or where it has been cable tied places like that,also if i remember correctly the sprinters had a little black bag that housed a multi plug that would fill up with water but i am not sure if that was on the earlier version of sprinter.but defineatley do a proper investigation before throwing anymore money at it.
Thanks for that Jasons, the mechanic that plugged it in said to start by buying a 2nd hand loom and splicing it in and then go from there, there seems to be another isse which is unknown at this time, I just didn't particularly wish to spend another 3 hours plus vat and the cost of the loom albeit about £50, it just seems a lot to spend just to cut it up and perhaps not even solve the problem with it going into limp mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom