WIS programs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PAUL R

Car
Golf SV GT,Polo SEL (gone) ML270 CDI (gone)SLK230 (gone)
Is there anyone who has had this program, off ebay and had it work straight out of the box(so to say).
I have this program,off ebay and i am having difficulties loading it into my PC.

I can get up to the point were it shows a screen were it is asking you to configure the language on the wis screen, but there is no languages to change too, only empty boxes.(this is after the pmadm screen ,were you configure the language for the admin section).

1st, Is there any one that can help me solve this problem,much appreciated if anyone can.

2nd, Is there anyone out there who has this program, that works on XP professional with service pack 2.

Thanks in advance

PAUL R said:
Is there anyone who has had this program, off ebay and had it work straight out of the box(so to say).
I have this program,off ebay and i am having difficulties loading it into my PC.

I can get up to the point were it shows a screen were it is asking you to configure the language on the wis screen, but there is no languages to change too, only empty boxes.(this is after the pmadm screen ,were you configure the language for the admin section).

1st, Is there any one that can help me solve this problem,much appreciated if anyone can.

2nd, Is there anyone out there who has this program, that works on XP professional with service pack 2.

Thanks in advance

I have this working with XP SP2 however when I just tried to fire it up I started getting the same as you!

It has been working before. I'll mess with it later and see if I can fix it.

Paul,
Make sure youve got the network loopback adaptor installed, and the LanID you input is correct. It should give you instructions with the disk. If not, Ill email you the copy Ive got.

Ive got the software running on XP pro sp2, but had a nightmare getting it to work first time:crazy:

I bought wis last year & never managed to get it working ! What is the network loopback Adapter & LANID ?

martynljones said:
Paul,
Make sure youve got the network loopback adaptor installed, and the LanID you input is correct. It should give you instructions with the disk. If not, Ill email you the copy Ive got.

Ive got the software running on XP pro sp2, but had a nightmare getting it to work first time:crazy:

They do work but make sure you've read the instructions the seller hopefully sent you about the above.
I'm a complete numbskull when it comes to computers but managed afer 2 hours to get it working.

adam

Hi Steve,
A loop back connector from what i can see, is a program that you use if you are using windows 2000 professional or windows advanced server operating systems.

If you are using windows XP home or professional then you do not need a loop back adapter from the instructions that i was sold.

But to be honest, i use Xp Pro and have installed a loop back adapter and it dosn't work in either.

So i havn't got a clue !!!!!:confused:

IF you do work it out,

OR if someone out there knows how to do i think they will be doing a lot of people a big FAVOUR :bannana:

Ok fellas,

The loopback adaptor (which is software that comes with windows) needs to be installed, as WIS needs to see a network installed. The loopback adaptor tricks the computer in this respect.

Ive attached the instalation instructions below, so if you follow them note for note you should be ok.

Attachments

• WIS_INSTALLATION_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf
    71.8 KB · Views: 22
This is only neccessary if you do not already have a network interface card (NIC). I assume that some of the people on this forum are connected via broadband and therefore already have a network interface installed.
It states this on the instructions that have beenuploaded by MartynLJones.
Mac.

I tried using the mac address for my built in network card, and even my adsl router, but it didnt work. The only way I could do it was to install the loopback. Perhaps its me :rolleyes:

Hi
Just install the d2k WIS this does not need the loopback adapter or the pm aplication, this is what is installed on the Star.

Jim

I eventually got mine working again by telling the PM program that my NIC was MAC address that PM thought I had! Bizarre or what as it was telling me I had this strange MAC address, which I dont. It all burst into life when I generated new licence keys based on this 'bogus' MAC.

MBSTAR said:
Hi
Just install the d2k WIS this does not need the loopback adapter or the pm aplication, this is what is installed on the Star.

Jim

On my WIS disk I seem to have STAR software also however when I try to install it it says I am not licenced to install it! anyone know how to install it it?

Alfie said:
On my WIS disk I seem to have STAR software also however when I try to install it it says I am not licenced to install it! anyone know how to install it it?

That is something I would say would be like comparing Bruce Lee to the Karate Kid. You can wax on and wax off with the WIS but you really need to know what to do to get DAS loaded.

These discs are at least too old to run the DAS software anyway. The stuff you guys are getting is only good for cars made before the publish date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom