With a heavy heart it's bye bye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
I've ordered a 2008 Lexus IS250 SE-L (Multimedia) so the baby is going :(

My missus tried and tried to convince me to keep it but I fancied a change after just over 3 years of trouble-free motoring.

I decided on the Lexus after test driving it on the same day as test driving the Jaguar XF 2.7 diesel.

The Jag was nice but too big and a bit slow. The Lexus is ultra-refined and the 2.5 V6 engine has a glorious sound. The car has more gadgets than imaginable, DVD sat nav and DVD player, reversing camera, voice control, bluetooth phone, heated and cooled seats, rain sensors, keyless entry, electric memory seats, steering wheel paddles etc.

I'll be shedding a few tears when I drive the Merc for the last time.

Ta ta for now and I'll still be posting stuff on here....

Enjoy the Lexus, let us know what you think of it in comparison to the Merc when you have lived with it for a while.

Best of luck with the Lexus, it is a very good car with loads of kit. I had an IS250 SE-L with all the extras except the sunroof and it was trouble free as you would expect. I traded mine in for a C320CDI Elegance last year as it suits my needs. Any car that does not break down and gets you to your destination in the manner that suits you is a good car.

Is the Lexus better than the Mercedes?...NO.:eek:
Is the Mercedes better than the Lexus?...NO.:eek:

Both are great cars with different characteristics, so enjoy the Lexus. ;)

Good luck with the new car :rock:

While in the US last week I visited a Lexus dealer. They just taken delivery of two Lexus IS F, same as the IS but with a V8 engine producing 400+ HP.
Stunning cars! Doubt if we will see many of these in the UK with new VED rates.

Supposed to ber very very good cars. Be interesting to see how you rate it against the mercedes.

The lexus is a fine choice :) I would have bought that exact same car if my back fitted in the sear properly.

Stereo is awesome , i understand why your buying it.

Enjoy ..

Best not to read the Jeremy Clarkson review, amusing though it is:

Scary. Jeremy *is* on to something here. I've never seen a Lexus driven by a woman. Except once: by my wife. I'm going to have to check beneath her chin in case I've been missing something all these years.

Good luck with the new car....our neighbour has one - I rather like it...lol..oh and Mr Clarkson (if you're reading) my neighbour doesnt have an adams apple either....:D

Look forward to seeing pics..

Lexus are voted no1 for dealers - so it would be interesting to hear how they stack up against your experiences with MB dealers..

What I find odd about the Lexus IS is that it used to be good value against the C class. But the one the OP is buying, with all the kit is listed at around £33k on the Lexus website. Now overlaps E class by quite a bit.

Hey good luck with the Lexus, I bet you will sorely miss the MB. :)

Health to enjoy your new car. I would have considered the Lexus IS if it had a diesel with an auto box.

Cheers

:)

Health to enjoy your new car. I would have considered the Lexus IS if it had a diesel with an auto box.

Cheers

:)

This is why I hadn't previously considered Lexus as I wanted a diesel auto.
After driving the 2.5 V6 engine I don't think I'd consider another diesel in the near future. The engine is as refined as you can get. It's near silent generally but has a lovely sound when dropping a gear or two and throttling it. The car is no slouch either.

This is why I hadn't previously considered Lexus as I wanted a diesel auto.
After driving the 2.5 V6 engine I don't think I'd consider another diesel in the near future. The engine is as refined as you can get. It's near silent generally but has a lovely sound when dropping a gear or two and throttling it. The car is no slouch either.

Did you consider the w204 320 cdi?

As me old mate Alan Partridge says...
it's the japanese mercedes

Good luck with your new Lexus - (it is a Lexus that Alan Partridge has isn't it??? :crazy: :confused: :rolleyes: ;) !!!!)

Bet you'll be back someday soon with a purchase of a Merc again!

All the best............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom