WLTP a new acronym for car buyers to get used to

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
WLTP [ WORLDWIDE HARMONISED LIGHT VEHICLE TRANSPORT PROCEDURE] takes over from the old NEDC [Emissions test] this month for all new cars. This first surfaced a year ago for all new designs but becomes universal for all newly registered cars [ old and new designs ] this year. There is an exception however for cars already made [ existing stock] under the old regs till the end of 2019. This may give rise to bargains as dealers try to shift old NEDC stock but buyers may find themselves saddled with a new car using older emissions tech. In a rapidly moving motoring environment in terms of emission regulations and possible vehicular access in cities that bargain might prove to be a bit expensive to run in the longer term.
This explains it better than I can.
WLTP introduction: when will the changes take place? | WLTPfacts.eu

I'm in favour, it's supposed to be better than the old test, and looking at figures it does report lower mpg, so much so that some manufacturer websites have a specific paragraph basically saying "yeah mpg seems low but that's cos it's WLTP"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

WLTP is still laboratory based but RDE tests are probably the best indicator of a cars economy / emissions and the Real Driving Emissions (RDE) test will be mandatory for all cars on sale from 1 September 2019???
What are WLTP and RDE? New fuel tests explained

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Cashing havoc at work the WLTP changes. We have a policy of all company cars must be 130g/km or less. There were 24 thousand vehicle/trim/model options now just 2000. Mercedes orders been cancelled and delays as they are taking time to confirm new ratings

Cashing havoc at work the WLTP changes. We have a policy of all company cars must be 130g/km or less. There were 24 thousand vehicle/trim/model options now just 2000. Mercedes orders been cancelled and delays as they are taking time to confirm new ratings
I take it your SL63 is not your company car then :p:)

How did you gues!!
I had loads of company cars in the past (when they were worth having as an employee ££ ;)) But I been away from that scene for a while now. I am curious, If your company has a 130g limit what car options would be available for the CEO/Top Banana compare to the lowest Minion ? as you can guess I am too lazy to Google it, just curious

I thought that WLTP was an acronym from a dating site.

I had loads of company cars in the past (when they were worth having as an employee ££ ;)) But I been away from that scene for a while now. I am curious, If your company has a 130g limit what car options would be available for the CEO/Top Banana compare to the lowest Minion ? as you can guess I am too lazy to Google it, just curious

Doesn’t restrict on model at all just engine. All cars have a small engine option eg E220. You could still get a 3.0 diesel A4 as that was just under the limit before WLTP but then VAG group can be trusted. Different levels in our company have different allowances. Hence mine is top of the range but a 220. Could have got a 250 but the extra tax made no sense given mine is all motorway driving so the extra power not noticed

Doesn’t restrict on model at all just engine. All cars have a small engine option eg E220. You could still get a 3.0 diesel A4 as that was just under the limit before WLTP but then VAG group can be trusted. Different levels in our company have different allowances. Hence mine is top of the range but a 220. Could have got a 250 but the extra tax made no sense given mine is all motorway driving so the extra power not noticed
Yes you just reminded me, BMW do a 7 series with a 2.0 engine now ...I think . and I remember when the tax thing changed at 1999.9 cc engine capacity and you got to see cars with 2.2 and 2.3 litre engines around so more money could be claimed per mile without the driver taking a much bigger hit at the fuel pumps. I myself went the Omega Elite route with the 2.5 straight 6 BMW diesel engine in it...made a killing ££££ ;)

Yes you just reminded me, BMW do a 7 series with a 2.0 engine now ...I think . and I remember when the tax thing changed at 1999.9 cc engine capacity and you got to see cars with 2.2 and 2.3 litre engines around so more money could be claimed per mile without the driver taking a much bigger hit at the fuel pumps. I myself went the Omega Elite route with the 2.5 straight 6 BMW diesel engine in it...made a killing ££££ ;)
There are some advantages to the 2.1 diesel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom