WMA file corrupt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I have 1700 songs in Windows Media player and over time I have converted then to wmas and added details on the tags. All the files play fine in Windows Media player.

I desided to copy all of the files on to my archos and replaced the older files with the newer files. Now most of my music wont play on the Archos as wma is a corrupt file????

Any ideas??

Cheers
Guys

have u tried doing a firmware update on the player, it may be the way the tags have been created that is causing a problem, also have u tried to copy back to pc any of the tracks that wont play abd test to see if the transfer has caused the corruption, ie cable or windows problem.

I've reinstalled the latest firmware. No joy.

A theory. How about Winows Media player has added DRM to every one of my wma files to stop me copying them even to my own Archos:(

- All the WMA's or just most of them affected?
- Are they from a site using DRM
- When you say you've converted them "over time" what have you been using?
- What version of Media Player (WMP) do you have?
- Are you copying them to the Archos using "Cut & Paste" or using WMP to 'Sync' them?

If some files are OK and others not then try using this tool to analyse them and see what the differences are. There are several WMA 'standards' so it may simply be that the WMA format that you have is incompatible with the Archos firmware

- All the WMA's or just most of them affected?
- Are they from a site using DRM
- When you say you've converted them "over time" what have you been using?
- What version of Media Player (WMP) do you have?
- Are you copying them to the Archos using "Cut & Paste" or using WMP to 'Sync' them?

If some files are OK and others not then try using this tool to analyse them and see what the differences are. There are several WMA 'standards' so it may simply be that the WMA format that you have is incompatible with the Archos firmware

1. Most WMA but not all.
2. No
3. Various convertors and tag editors
4.11? (The latest one)
5. Neither method worked.

I've converted all my wma's back to MP3s and I'll let you know later if it worked!

Sounds like the Archos doesn't like something about some of the files, as a pose to the files being corrupt. Imo, either the files are in a "newer" wma format than the codec thats installed on the archos or some of the meta-data is corrupt/unreadable. (Possibly even the file-name having unreadable characters...)
Michele

A theory. How about Winows Media player has added DRM to every one of my wma files to stop me copying them even to my own Archos:(

If you go to Windows Media Player under "Tools / Options / Rip music tab" and see if the "copy protect music" box is ticked then Media player will have copy protected your music for you when converting it. I think the only solution is to untick the box and re-copy all your music...

What type of Archos is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom