Wobbly rear view mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tpwuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 BlueTEC W212
My rear view mirror wobbles and it's quite annoying!

How is it fixed to the car? Can I tighted the fitting up somehow?

Hmmm. Not sure if the mirror is the same on your CLK as it is on our ML, but try this.

If the mirror is mounted to the windscreen rather than the roof, place the base of your palm along the lower edge of the mount, and gently build the pressure to slide the mount up the surface of the windscreen, ensure it's butted up to the roof.

HTH

It looks like the actual mount is wobbling on mine. Is this bonded to the windscreen?

There's like a backing plate which I believe is bonded to the screen. Then the plastic bit that you can see inside the car should slide vertically on to the backing plate.

hmmm...it's different on mine. There's some plastic casing which covers the electronics for the rain sensor (I think) and the mirror mount. The mirror looks like it's mounted to a cylinder shaped metal mount which has a small hole in one side.

Fixed this now.

Had remove the ceiling lights first of all.

Then remove the plastic cowelling that covers the interior mirror mount.

Then insert an alan key or similiar into the small hole on the right hand side of the mirror mount. This is purley for extra purchase and then turn the mount 45 degrees anti-clockwise. The mirror and mount then pop off the windscreen. I simply refitted it which resolved the wobble!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom