Woe Is Me. Car Returned From Accident Respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pietre

Car
Volkswagon Phaeton V10 5.0L
Once woe, twice woe, thrice even. Got my car back last Friday having had new bumpers fitted front and rear, along with all of the hidden goodies inside, all nicely painted looking stunning, and then........................... you walk around the front of the car and all of the stone chips shout out at you "Look at us, dont we stand out like a sore thumb" I asked about spraying but when I picked myself up from the floor. Problem is that there are so many chips it looks really shoddy, and with winter coming up what can be done that doesn't involve a second mortgage? :(

I know a man who can - not far from you -who does a fair job at a fair price.

I will hunt details and get back.

What are you talking bonnet, bumper, spoiler - £500ish?

I was asked for £400 just to repair the door that a cyclist scratched for me, and then he wanted £500 to do the bonnet. I have had the boot lid replaced by MB, and the front and rear bumpers replaced by insurance, so th most important is drivers door and bonnet, plus any other chips that are hiding.

Sorry to hijack but Norman, I would be interested in the details too as I was looking at getting my stone chips done

Guy

was that a price from an MB bodyshop? why not try some other places for quotes?

see if there's any cruise websites for your area. a lot of guys (and gals) on there will have had complete respays (fancy flip-paint as well) and should be able to recommend places offering more sensible prices. i found this http://www.c-sidecruisers.co.uk/index.html it has a link page too. good luck m8.

Pietre said:
I was asked for £400 just to repair the door that a cyclist scratched for me, and then he wanted £500 to do the bonnet. I have had the boot lid replaced by MB, and the front and rear bumpers replaced by insurance, so th most important is drivers door and bonnet, plus any other chips that are hiding.

Peter/Guy

Hi - its that man again!

Found it!

Southern Spray Centre
Unit 1
Limberline Spur
Hilsea
Portsmouth
PO3 5LF
Tel: (02392)-652585

For the life of me I cannot remember the chaps name - it was only a couple of months back that I had the work done too (I am getting old :eek: )

Anyway, they fitted 2 genuine MB front wings (which I supplied after negotiating a tidy discount from the stealer), and sprayed them and the bonnet. They quoted £500 - I negotiated down a bit and squeezed in the front spoiler and headlight infill panels (where the wipers would be if I had them).

They were a really nice bunch of chaps and their shop had a few Mercs and BMs getting done. I found the quality of the work was up to standard, they only let me down on the time. I was originally planning 3 days, which they had quoted, they then had a problem with the chap who fits the panels (off sick) and the job ran over by a day. I suppose you do take this risk when you use a small shop as opposed to those swanky places with the offensive looking tart on reception and no chance to chat with the chaps who do the work.

I would ring first to establish contact and find out how busy they are and then take it from there, plan for the job when you can be without your car for the week, you will then be less likely to be disappointed.

You could say that I recommended you! (mind you they may then put the quote up!!). :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom