Wokery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The issue is with the behaviour, it seems to me, not the word itself. You don’t cancel abusive behaviour by cancelling a word - those so inclined will simply use a different word - and especially when, as in this case, the word has more general application than certain other (eg racially abusive) terms that can only be used negatively.

I don't think these halfwits have any idea of the Country their nonsense is creating

I don't think these halfwits have any idea of the Country their nonsense is creating
On the contrary, I have a sneaking suspicion that they know exactly what they are trying to create, what I don't understand, is how or why they are allowed to get away with it? :rolleyes: :oops: 🤔

Then there's the new Ford Independent-well-educated-sex-worker....

"Why do they get away with it", is a good question that many must be asking themselves. One cause is that nowadays, it is not the "silent majority" that sways public opinion but the various "noisy minorities" of whom they are many and because of the last 2 years of lockdown these people have nothing better to do!

There was a bit off WOKEism / PC on TV this morning; the doctor on breakfast show was talking about a device to better deal with prostate cancer. Unable to use the word "Man" he repeatedly referred to "Person with a prostate". The world has officially gone mad.

The people who wants to mess with midgets should not stoop to these tactics, and the midgets should stand tall against this.:banana:

According to an article in The Times today (I won't link because I think it's behind a pay wall), Microsoft are adding a new feature to Word which will identify 'problematic' text and suggest a more acceptable alternative.

"In its latest version of Office 365, a purple line appears under written copy that the software deems might “imply bias”, with alternatives offered.

Among the things the feature looks for are age bias, cultural bias, gender specific language, sexual orientation bias and socioeconomic status."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom