Wokery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There was a bit off WOKEism / PC on TV this morning; the doctor on breakfast show was talking about a device to better deal with prostate cancer. Unable to use the word "Man" he repeatedly referred to "Person with a prostate". The world has officially gone mad.
Ah! Now, this is why you're going to have to shake up your antediluvian ideas, my friend!

The following people have a prostate:
  • cis men (men who identify as male and were assigned male at birth)
  • trans women (women who identify as female and were assigned male at birth)
  • non-binary people who were assigned male at birth
  • some intersex people.
And, just in case you were unaware, there are now 58 Gender options available in this crazy world! Bear this in mind when you stagger off to find the gents bog in your local pub...

:crazy::wallbash:

According to an article in The Times today (I won't link because I think it's behind a pay wall), Microsoft are adding a new feature to Word which will identify 'problematic' text and suggest a more acceptable alternative.

"In its latest version of Office 365, a purple line appears under written copy that the software deems might “imply bias”, with alternatives offered.

Among the things the feature looks for are age bias, cultural bias, gender specific language, sexual orientation bias and socioeconomic status."

Another reason not to pay Microsoft for Word and use the similar, excellent & FREE alternatives like LibreOffice

NJSS

There was a bit off WOKEism / PC on TV this morning; the doctor on breakfast show was talking about a device to better deal with prostate cancer. Unable to use the word "Man" he repeatedly referred to "Person with a prostate". The world has officially gone mad.
How much trouble did JK Rowling get into with the other gender equivalent, wondering whether there was another word for “a person with a cervix’s’. She was all but excluded from the 20th Anniversary Harry Potter documentary and the kids who made a fortune out of her have all but disowned her. I’m too old for all this sh*t

Only if it wants to identify as such.
A doberman can identify as he wishes IMHO - especially if in the same area as me.....

This was discussed on Question Time last night. Some for, most against.

I was in M&S today and saw these.
Truth is it didn’t bother me in the slightest - a bit like the Aldi/Lidl lookalikes.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

I saw a midget in a petrol station once driving a R8. Immaculately tailored suit. Everyone was staring at him. In the queue next to him I shrugged and said tossers the lot of them. He just smiled and said well least I have a big **** :)

I saw a midget in a petrol station once driving a R8. Immaculately tailored suit. Everyone was staring at him. In the queue next to him I shrugged and said tossers the lot of them. He just smiled and said well least I have a big **** :)
Just cos people are looking at him doesn’t mean they’re tossers.

Just cos people are looking at him doesn’t mean they’re tossers.

There's a difference between looking and staring motionless, it was uncomfortable to see. A well to do dwarf, get over it FFS people's.

There's a difference between looking and staring motionless, it was uncomfortable to see. A well to do dwarf, get over it FFS people's.
Me and my blonde girlfriend got stared at intensely in remote parts of India in the early 90’s. I wonder what the locals would’ve said if I’d have told them to get over it FFS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom