wonky wiper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Webby

Car
E220cdi Elegance facelift
Sorry all, I know this thread has been started before but I can't get a clear view of how to solve a problem with my wiper. The trouble is, it won't always park properly when on intermittent or normal use. Do I need to remove the large black cover at the base of the wiper arm to re-grease the mechanism? Will this solve the problem? I've tried to follow the instructions on a previous link and managed to snap a tab off the smaller cover near the base of the arm above the bigger one,by pulling up as suggested,only to find that it should have been slid up the arm to release it. I can't for the life of me,find how to remove the larger cover (if that's what's required). It just seems to be held down tight with no room to insert anything to lever it off.Any guidance from you helpful lot would be appreciated, as it's a right pain trying to get the wiper to stop at the bottom of it's stroke against the bonnet.
Regards, Fido.

Mine did that just before it packed up, it was a problem with the chain system or summut, my mechcanic fixed it, but it wont last for ever

Fido, is this any use to you ?? You may have to copy, paste into Microsoft or something and then zoom ?

f975bbbb.jpg

Sorry guys, this doesn't appear to be much use to you - if you PM me your email I'll send it back as an attachement

Last edited:
I used the link below to Steve's (MBenzNL) site. Excellent instructions for removing the wiper assembly. Probably could do with lubricating with some proper grease. I had the same problem and got it working with WD40, but I was about to sell the car so wasn't concerned with a permanent fix.

Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom