Woo Hoo - Chrome Speedo Rings!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Finally got them fitted after work today, very fiddley!!! but well worth it !! :D

Heres a piccy, sorry about the flash !

nice one ;)

Oooooo Sarah Beeny !!! She's got huge...........................knowledge of property development. ;)

I don't like driving around in a christmas tree. I think that kind of stuff belongs on the cheap stuff. I have no probs with AMG items but that's where I draw the line!

shearder said:
I don't like driving around in a christmas tree. I think that kind of stuff belongs on the cheap stuff. I have no probs with AMG items but that's where I draw the line!

LOL - good one !

everyones entitled to their opinion - i personally , and i think most on here will agree with me , think that AMG items in a non AMG car (other than wheels) are a fraud !

You'll probably notice on other mercedes that they have chrome heater rings ( such as on an SLK , where mine came from) and many of the new mercs, with enough options on them ;) have the chrome speedo rings , and vents. As for the sills, they are a genuine Mercedes option , my father has a pal with a CL65 with illuminated sills, i dont believe anyone on here would lump that in the 'cheap stuff' category ........

It would be a different matter if those of us with slightly older mercs were putting miles of neon and flashing washer jets on the cars, but in reality we are only 'updating' what would be a dated interior, with what in many cases are genuine mercedes parts.

Some of us can't afford a brand new, or have the option of a Mercedes company car, so we have to make do with what we can. I stand by the additions to my car, its not like it has a Cosworth whale tail on it is it ?

Howard said:
LOL - good one !

everyones entitled to their opinion - i personally , and i think most on here will agree with me , think that AMG items in a non AMG car (other than wheels) are a fraud !

You'll probably notice on other mercedes that they have chrome heater rings ( such as on an SLK , where mine came from) and many of the new mercs, with enough options on them ;) have the chrome speedo rings , and vents. As for the sills, they are a genuine Mercedes option , my father has a pal with a CL65 with illuminated sills, i dont believe anyone on here would lump that in the 'cheap stuff' category ........

It would be a different matter if those of us with slightly older mercs were putting miles of neon and flashing washer jets on the cars, but in reality we are only 'updating' what would be a dated interior, with what in many cases are genuine mercedes parts.

Some of us can't afford a brand new, or have the option of a Mercedes company car, so we have to make do with what we can. I stand by the additions to my car, its not like it has a Cosworth whale tail on it is it ?

Howard your car looks cool mate :)

Your mods are tasteful and gives it a touch of class. I've been doing the same with updating my 202 but trying to avoid going OTT as I don't want to cross the line between classy and chavvy.

Steve

mmm - chrome speedo rin gs are the norm on many models - mine included, and are in now way bling :crazy: How they can be compared to a Christmas tree is beyond me I'm afraid, but we all have diff opinions :D .

Carry on with the in keeping mods. We'll tell you when you verge on BLING :crazy:

Howard said:
LOL - good one !

Oh, now that is a class comeback mate :D Have a :bannana:
Christmas tree, my ****!!!!!

BTW, can you get them for the 190? Because they are very simaler, if not the same clock set. (if thats ok with shearder of coarse, as mine only has the origional mercedes bodykit and not any AMG at all :p ;) )

Stu

Last edited:
stwat said:

treemerc.jpg

Doesn't look so bad does it?

stwat said:
Oh, now that is a class comeback mate :D Have a :bannana:

BTW, can you get them for the 190? Because they are very simaler, if not the same clock set. (if thats ok with shearder of coarse, as mine only has the origional mercedes bodykit and not any AMG at all :p ;) )

Stu

Stu, i'll have a trawl around and see what i can come up with , as regards 190 speedo rings, i'm sure they must be out there somewhere, I'll let you know what i turn up.

Mine came from Powerstyling in Germany, they have a huge range of bits for us 'older' merc drivers ..... :D

cheers

H

OK OK OK! Now that really is some misinterpretation.

I gotta be careful how I say things after bombing 3 times trying to write a reply and then having it short and sweet.

I don’t mind mods and I do not discriminate against who can or can’t buy a new car. The fact is money doesn’t grow on trees and my Merc was my first new car I ever owned and I am 35.

I am not knocking anyone but I know from experiencing local “wild life” that “mods” can go over the top. i.e. blue LED washer jets. Flashing valve caps on wheels etc. Hence my referral to a “Christmas tree” as in flashing lights etc.

I hope that clarifies the point. My sincere apologies if I insulted anyone especially Howard.

shearder said:
I hope that clarifies the point. My sincere apologies if I insulted anyone especially Howard.

I don't think Howard will be insulted as, a: he knows his dash rings look good and, b: we upset him a loong time ago for having an AMG badge on his car and he still came back for more.

Howard, Your rings looking good man!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Dieselman said:
I don't think Howard will be insulted as, a: he knows his dash rings look good and, b: we upset him a loong time ago for having an AMG badge on his car and he still came back for more.

LOL !!! you didn't say that the badge was already on the car when i bought it !!! :rolleyes:

under no circumstances would i put an AMG badge on a car thats not been AMG'ed (thats just asking for it) !!!

Dieselman said:

What sort of forum is this :eek: or do you know him that well :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom