Woo hoo ... I'm in the money!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Just received this - it's genuine, not a scam/spam.

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We are writing to confirm that we are processing your refund in the amount of £0.01 for your Order xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.

This amount has been credited to your payment method and will appear when your bank has processed it.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Planes [DVD]
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B00EZOKG8I
Reason for refund: Pre-order price protection

The following is the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: £0.01

Your refund is being credited as follows:

MasterCard Credit Card [expiring on x/xxxx]: £0.01

These amounts will be returned to your payment methods within 10 business days.

I pre-ordered the DVD for a tenner as an Xmas present for my son. They are now selling it for £9.99, hence the refund. Which I assume is costing rather more than 1p to process :rolleyes:

count your pennies and the pounds....... :)

ps. No you can't take early retirement on a pension fund of 1p

I like that - an organisation that credits you exactly what it should.

On a similar note - I got given the wrong change in Halfords the other day, which I pointed out very politely and was told in no uncertain terms that I was wrong.

Of course, I was pointing out they had given me too much change, but the response was utter incredulity combined with irritation at having to ring up a different amount! Quite gratifying.

For your safety I dont think it was wise to create this thread. its not safe to let the world know that you have come into a vast fortune ;)

I like that - an organisation that credits you exactly what it should.

On a similar note - I got given the wrong change in Halfords the other day, which I pointed out very politely and was told in no uncertain terms that I was wrong.

Of course, I was pointing out they had given me too much change, but the response was utter incredulity combined with irritation at having to ring up a different amount! Quite gratifying.

I did something similar this summer, the only difference being that I was in the coffee shop in Salisbury Cathedral and on pointing out that I had received nearly £2 too much in change the very kind and sweet lady held my hand and blessed me.:D

count your pennies and the pounds....... :)

ps. No you can't take early retirement on a pension fund of 1p

LOL I wish! I'm 53 now - could do with early retirement!

Dear OP

This is not a begging letter. Last week my wife and kids were eaten by a stray lion. I was diagnosed with terminal flatulence. My dog was run over and my cat was squashed whilst grieving the for the dog. Duting all of this I lost all money in an RBS cash machine.

Please could you see way clear to lending me £0.01.

OP and wife will be heading for divorce - just like the other big winners

back in the day the 50:50 divorce was easy

$(KGrHqJHJCQFDFQoy(WMBQyg8W8!pQ~~60_35.JPG

Today it's winner takes all, plus legal expenses to the looser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom