Wood&leather steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
Black with burl wood for late 124s and early 210&202.Can't post a link but is item nr 180758833130 and is ending soon

Bu**er, I missed that one by an hour :wallbash:

I've been looking at refurb creams for my own one and keeping an eye out for a nice replacement but that one didn't have W124 in the title so I missed it.

I keep an eye for you mate,having said that I might have one for sale soon.Was it not you that had a sportline one??

Thanks Dash, yes my one's a sportline. I've been thinking about refurbing it with one of the Liquid Leather type products as it's not too bad. I've looked at getting it re-covered too but the only company that's given me a quote so far wanted £240 and that's too much for me.

Ideally, I'd replace it with a nice half wood one like the one you just posted or a used one. But a lot of the used ones are pretty rough and if I were to get a non-sportine wheel then I'd need a new bag too. Then again there's that new (non-MB) one on eBay but that would end up costing me near £240 as well with postage and bag.

The one you posted looked perfect for me but, ah well ...

Considering you have a sportline one the one I posted would need the airbag to
As I said ^ I might have a used one for sale soon and I'll get you an airbag to but in my opinion,pay the extra and but a half wood sportline one
It'll be a lot extra though as they're very rare

Rob77,

I thought I'd put a half wood wheel in my Sportline (W124 Facelift). Got a different airbag to fit the new wheel, managed to fit the wheel and the airbag, everything looked (and felt) great but ...
The horn circuit on my car uses a switched live circuit: the horn contacts on my Sportline wheel are completely isolated from earth (you can see them on the metal frame that the airbag "bolts" to), the horn contacts on the new wheel use a switched earth, consequently, everytime you operated the horn the horn circuit fuse would blow. I can't see how to isolate the metal frame that the airbag "bolts" to on the new wheel as it bolts directly to the "arms" that come from the centre boss.

Andy

I've been looking at refurb creams for my own one and keeping an eye out for a nice replacement but that one didn't have W124 in the title so I missed it.

You'll be waiting a loooong time that way mate,most of these don't have 124 on the add let alone title

Rob77,

I thought I'd put a half wood wheel in my Sportline (W124 Facelift). Got a different airbag to fit the new wheel, managed to fit the wheel and the airbag, everything looked (and felt) great but ...
The horn circuit on my car uses a switched live circuit: the horn contacts on my Sportline wheel are completely isolated from earth (you can see them on the metal frame that the airbag "bolts" to), the horn contacts on the new wheel use a switched earth, consequently, everytime you operated the horn the horn circuit fuse would blow. I can't see how to isolate the metal frame that the airbag "bolts" to on the new wheel as it bolts directly to the "arms" that come from the centre boss.

Andy

I don't think my S124's a Sportline car, I think it just has a Sportine steering wheel. As far as I know someone in the past must've changed it over. The electrics seem fine so I assume it must be ok to reverse the swap?

Here's another one from a S600 item number 300627571194

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom