Wood or carbon fibre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I say start off just doing the wheels and lower parts of the bumpers. Then, if you don't like it, it'll be easy to cover up with some smooth Hammerite.

PJ

Make sure you mask up the mirrors!

I like it - can it be done in-situ or has the trim got to come off?

i hate the look of fake carbon fibre but at least fake wood looks like wood. personally i'd go for some real carbon fibre trim parts over fake carbon or wood anyday. unless it was in an old pre 1980 car. imho

^^^^^

Its real carbon apparently, some sort of carbon fibre coating - anyways i like it and I want it!

The mention of fake wood has reminded me of when my grandad (rip) went through a phase of covering everything in fake wood sticky back plastic, clock radios, speakers, the axe finally fell when he 'did' my nan's kenwood chef

Its real wood in a 124 AFAIK. The burl walnut in my CE is beautiful and I'd never want to stick some CF on it real or not - These cars are not about weight saving and all about luxury...

That Carlsson car is nuts, is it an E60?

Ade

There is no fake wood in any Mercs as far as i know - both my 124s have real wood and so did my W208 CLK.

It may appear fake, but its really a thin layer of whatever wood it is (burr walnut etc) and then a clear laquer. Its the laquer that makes it appear like plastic.

Keep the fake wood to Rovers and top end Mondeos!

Derek

It looks cheap and tacky.

Why not try some stains on the spare pieces you have?

Rub the laquer off, give the wood a gentle sand and then see if anything matches your interior.

Dave!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom