Woodvale Rally - Saturday 05/08/06 - 06/08/06

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I count a total of what? About 15-20 cars between two groups.

WE CAN BEAT THIS.

If we do this as a club we get in for £3.50 each for TWO DAYS with free camping on Friday night and Saturday night! :)

C'mon guys! We need to do this next year and show the rest how it's done!

Shude, you have taken virtually the same pics as I have. I agree about next year entirely, and I am even willing to organise it, with the help of my NW buddies. I do think it should be a weekend event, and I do think we should camp. It's a good event for petrol heads, with motorbike displays and a fabulous model aircraft event......they even have jets.......one of them costing £8k. Partners should be encouraged to come too as there is plenty to do for everyone, so long as they are not in 'M' for miserable mode.

Attachments

• PICT0348.JPG
    PICT0348.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 23
That guy with the Mercedes Motorsport stand was actually a trader from Formby who gave me his business card. A nice bloke, but a bit rough around the edges. Got a great contact for re-furb wheels in Prescot too. I really liked the w202 AMG in white.......would have made Gaz a tad jealous I think:D , although the owner was not wearing a grey suit and a peaked cap, so he could not be a true white MB owner!!!!!

If the driver of a white Merc is wearing a peaked cap and a grey suit I think its fairly safe to say he isn't the owner! :D

And that White 202 looks awesome. I'm sure I've seen it as someones avatar on this site......

timmy said:
Shude, you have taken virtually the same pics as I have. I agree about next year entirely, and I am even willing to organise it, with the help of my NW buddies. I do think it should be a weekend event, and I do think we should camp. It's a good event for petrol heads, with motorbike displays and a fabulous model aircraft event......they even have jets.......one of them costing £8k. Partners should be encouraged to come too as there is plenty to do for everyone, so long as they are not in 'M' for miserable mode.
Apparently it's great fun stopping overnight as everyone is like-minded and there are lots of opportunities for brand-independent humour and entertainment.

BTW I believe some of the TVR boys were sent home because they were doing doughnuts on the runway (you're not even allowed to DRIVE on the runway!) last night and the police got involved. Looks like the cobra & viper lads got away with it though! ;)

It's time we made a show guys! If nothing else it would demonstrate to the world that MBclub members exist outside a forum, that we're not all walking-stick/flat-cap enthusiasts and that we will happily accept cars in the club that are not 100% original and 100 years old. Even "Cruise Merseyside" turned out with a huge collection of poorly-modified peugeots and fords!

What we need is a mile of bunting and stakes, some flags, a marquee/caravan/big tent, some printed club material, some trophies, a huge case of beer and a big barbeque. NW lads (and others, it is a 2-day event!) we can do this I'm sure! It's such a shame to see all the other marques turning out a good number of cars and MB repeatedly letting the side down.

Another opportunity is the Tatton Park show, I need to look up when this event is and see if we can sort something out for that quickly.

Last edited:
Twas a nice motor indeed , but with some old geezer sat next to it:crazy: . There was an oldish e class convertible too, dark blue with beige leather seats. N reg. guy paid £4,800 for it off ebay, and it looked very nice indeed, think the dodgey guy from Formby was flogging it. He just sold MBs and was not part of any club. Even our NW section had a better turn out on Tuesaday than the official club, but they did have some nice cars. Come on guys, we can do it next year!:bannana:

This tickled me too!:D

Attachments

• PICT0351-1.JPG
    PICT0351-1.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 22
Shude, I think there is a VW event on at Tatton this weekend. I went there yesterday, and it was advertised, but do check. Am with you all the way on this one.

Shude said:
Another opportunity is the Tatton Park show, I need to look up when this event is and see if we can sort something out for that quickly.

Are you suggesting we gate-crash the VW show or the BMW/Porsche show?:cool:

Oh I see it, the classic and sports car show on the 19th-20th.

I lolled at some of the other events, I can understand The Northwest festival of Wood being cancelled on the grounds of decency!! I'm amazed their allowing the Felting Workshop to go ahead, that sounds even more indecent!!

http://www.tattonpark.org.uk/events_listings.htm

Good lad Gaz, will check it out now.

I have a fairly large Mercedes flag that was a gift to me from Hakkinen at the DTM's;)
We could use that for starters.

Very cool;) , are you sure you could venture north of Watford though:D . It would be great if we could turn this into something big though, and members from countrywide could enjoy, what was, a great event..........despite what 'M' for miserable thought of it all!

GRAV888 said:
Yep. Just ask Ian B Walker or Lotusmark2;)
yeah he comes up here now and again....have to keep him in beer though or he turns evil;):devil:

Don't we all?:devil: Hence the necessity for a weekend event at Woodvale 2007.

This was there too Gaz......remind you of anyone:D It's a Chevvy BTW.

Attachments

• PICT0369.JPG
    PICT0369.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 31
lol! I think I might bring the local odd-ball from my local to our next GTG. If we end up getting pestered by him again I'll let him out of the boot and they can keep each other company!

GRAV888 said:
Yep. Just ask Ian B Walker or Lotusmark2;)
Wonder if you'll have an MB this time next year ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom