Wooooooooo ...... engine went 10m and lights 50m

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Me thinks our Nick will very quickly get that thing back on the road. :devil: :)

Regards
John

Probably be on ebay by the morning

Do you think its a write off:rolleyes:

Me thinks driver might have been under the influence of something hence his quick departure! One very very lucky person to have been able to get out of the car let alone get away from the scene!

The Bradfield highway doesn't have tolls. It wasn't reported stolen and the driver has injuries. It might take a day or two but the truth will come out.

I don't think he was drunk. I would bet he was driving at the limit given that the rain / dew was only enough to make the roads greasy last night. I was in that same place only hours before and can imagine the horrible traffic delays (we can say that only because no one died at the scene).

Just as an aside, we have had a coupe of crash theads where the engine and box have been fetched out of the car.

That isn't a good indicator of the severity of the crash because the subframe that carries the engine is designed to shear off in the event of a moderate frontal accident.

The rear bolts shear off to allow the engine to go under the car instead of backwards through the firewall.

Just as an aside, we have had a coupe of crash theads where the engine and box have been fetched out of the car.

That isn't a good indicator of the severity of the crash because the subframe that carries the engine is designed to shear off in the event of a moderate frontal accident.

The rear bolts shear off to allow the engine to go under the car instead of backwards through the firewall.

Throwing up is not the same thing as passing it out the other side. When an engine submarines under the car it usually has guidance from the existing structural members. The headers themselves are a point of rotation.

But it still relies on the shear bolts giving. They will do that under any hard shock.

But it still relies on the shear bolts giving. They will do that under any hard shock.

When all is said and done, there's really only 6 bolts hold in and engine and box anyway, and two of them are in ally brackets....

At the scrapyard they just shake engines/boxes out of cars, and it does not take long.

yea criminals walk from crashes at like 50mph and i have to be cut our of my car after someone rearended me at 30mph i hate sods law

yea criminals walk from crashes at like 50mph and i have to be cut our of my car after someone rearended me at 30mph i hate sods law

Your car must have been made of papermache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom