Wordpress, idiot 1st time user needs a little help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AbbieCadabra

Car
E350CDI
i'm going to cry in a minute! :wallbash:

we've got a very simple brochure style website for our business, no whistles & bells needed as we mainly do commercial contract work but we just want a presence on the net in case anything changes in the future.

i've been very happy with the free site i set up via microsoft office live about 3 years ago, but now this service is ending. i'm trying to transfer our website content to a wordpress site & am getting very confused even though it's supposed to be simple! :eek:

i've chosen a basic theme & added 5 pages worth of content (about us, products etc.), but for the life of me i can't work out how to get a basic menu showing on the home page. i'm choosing the menu option on the left under appearance, i can create a 'main menu', but there's nothing showing in the 'pages' section for me to add to my new main menu ??

i haven't published anything yet, it's all private. is that something to do with it? i've gone around in circles on the site for ages & just can't find an answer...

We often have a little trouble using windows 7 and internet explorer.

Switching to Firefox and or Chrome works though.

all sorted now thanks :) , i couldn't add any of my pages as i hadn't published them.

quite impressed with wordpress really, it's got a few quirks but it was fairly simple to get going for a novice like me. i asked a few queries on the forum & they were answered really quickly. all in all, happy with the end result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom