Working from home and going on holiday abroad ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
Am I turning into Victor Meldrew or not. I appreciate that people are allowed to work from home , but how can they, in all conscience go abroad on holiday and still work from home on their return. Surely working from home was to reduce the chances of catching Covid ?

Quite a few of our customers never resumed full office attendance even though there's no more lockdown. Once everyone got themselves sorted working from home, many agreed to keep working from home - not COVID-related.

Current Government guidelines still say work from home if possible. Many office based companies are also looking at forms of agile/dynamic working that allow their employees to work from home more often. It’s a new world of work - catch up Vic!

Am I turning into Victor Meldrew or not. I appreciate that people are allowed to work from home , but how can they, in all conscience go abroad on holiday and still work from home on their return. Surely working from home was to reduce the chances of catching Covid ?
Don't think you can generalise on this... lots of different situations, jobs, company policies, etc.

Or maybe I'm missing something and this was directed at particular people 😉

I used to work from home some of the time ten-years or more ago. Sometimes it’s more efficient than going into an office.

I work from home as this is what my employer has decided is best (all good by me), if I go abroad there are strict covid testing at the airport both ends / possible self isolation depending on the country. This is all common knowledge.

Closing as the last (year long) thread on Covid ended up in tears, including the times it has come up in the politcs thread.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom