Workshop Manual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Corrado

Car
Civit 1.8VTEC
I've always had the need to take things apart to see what's going on inside (usually restricted to mechanical and electrical items;) ). As that's not really practical when using the car day-to-day I just want to understand it a little more.

Has anyone seen or used these workshop e-manuals and are they any good? It makes some bold claims:

"This has to be the most comprehensive workshop manual available for this vehicle. The detailed information contained within this workshop manual is quite simply stunning.

An invaluable resource for any owner. It is the very same information used by skilled Mercedes-Benz technicians working throughout the world. This workshop manual will give you the opportunity to inspect and analyse every aspect of your vehicle from the comfort of your own home or workshop. "

Would you have any suggestions as alternative(s). The car is a 2005 w203 coupe.

Info gratefully received.

Rich

Dont quote me, but I believe all these are illegal copies from official Mercedes documents. Thats not to say they are useless, but if I am correct, I would be cautious in their use as they would not be maintained.

Dont quote me, but I believe all these are illegal copies from official Mercedes documents. Thats not to say they are useless, but if I am correct, I would be cautious in their use as they would not be maintained.

This is what I would feel too, but on the other hand, how could they sell this data so openly on their web shop? At best they might have an agreement with MB, perhaps delivering a bit outdated data (that would not be too bad for any older model)? :confused:

In any case, I previously had doubts about the content but at another forum I believe one member had bought the discs for his car and it really appeared to be a "genuine copy" of WIS, but covering documents only for his car. He claimed the data was on two CDs, not DVDs. The link here showed a selection of DVD as delivery media, never know.

In any case, the other guy posted snapshots of WIS lite user interface and he was able to find all documents with the WIS reference number. I never asked which date the data was from.

I bought a similar thing from ebay. The seller went over the top on his auction page saying how this data was not copyright and not produced by MB. When I got it, it was WIS which he should not have sold.

What I had came on 2 DVDs and if for many models.

It was a pain to get working on Vista and to get the data you want out of it needs a degree in computer science. It's interesting but I wouldn't like to use it for anything complicated.

I bought a similar thing from ebay. The seller went over the top on his auction page saying how this data was not copyright and not produced by MB. When I got it, it was WIS which he should not have sold.

What I had came on 2 DVDs and if for many models.

It was a pain to get working on Vista and to get the data you want out of it needs a degree in computer science. It's interesting but I wouldn't like to use it for anything complicated.

This is then the real WIS, either on original disks or copies. The one from the web shop should only cover one model (series) or something like that but otherwise the same thing.

Anyway if you ask me, every owner should have this info for their cars at decent price, like US car owners do (at least for cars of certain age, not old). The diagnosis stuff is another story and by far more complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom