World champion Lewis Hamilton will start the Chinese Grand Prix from last place on th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kersidan

Car
S212 E350 cdi sport 265 Estate
I'm currently not a fan of F1. I'd rather watch paint dry. My must watch is Moto GP. Anyway, as reported this morning on BBC.

Quote. "A power-unit problem for Hamilton meant his difficult start to the season continues. His 17-point deficit to Rosberg could grow further on Sunday."

A power unit problem??! Is that what I would call an engine or am I just a grumpy old git?

Mark

Nice spoiler title for those who may not have watched the qualifying yet :-/

Power units are made up of two elements in a modern F1 car. The combustion engine and the Electric power recovery and motors. They are all hybrids.

Issue appears to be in the electrical side of the power unit.

I'm currently not a fan of F1. I'd rather watch paint dry. My must watch is Moto GP. Anyway, as reported this morning on BBC.

Quote. "A power-unit problem for Hamilton meant his difficult start to the season continues. His 17-point deficit to Rosberg could grow further on Sunday."

A power unit problem??! Is that what I would call an engine or am I just a grumpy old git?

Mark

First smile of the morning, thank you! :thumb:

P.s. Paint drying is apt too (sadly).

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. This will be the third season I've not watched a race these cars just don't do it for me.

I've just flown back from Singapore next to one of the Ferrari race engineers she had just left China after setting up and was on her way back to the factory to prepare for Russia

Sorry to all those people that I have just spoiled their viewing of F1 practice ;). I didn't realise that F1 cars were now hybrids....... It's that long since I took any interest I'm afraid.

I now need to remember that when I go to my local MB Dealers, to ask for a 'Periodic Power Unit Diagnosis' rather than an Engine Service.

Time has passed me by.

Mark

Early days, he'll smash them all soon. He's the best driver by far.

Please don't put the results in the title. A simple 'Chinese GP' would have deterred me from reading it as I am only watching Q1 yet

I'm sure he'll be disappointed but I imagine he'll be so looking forward to fighting his way through the field tomorrow. Lots of tyre choices. Should be good to see.

Ant.

With the power and pace of the Mercedes he'll be up to tenth inside two laps. Every place after that will be increasingly difficult. [/bleeding obvious]

Sorry to all those people that I have just spoiled their viewing of F1 practice ;). I didn't realise that F1 cars were now hybrids....... It's that long since I took any interest I'm afraid.

It's been so long since you've been interested in F1 to the extent you're totally ignorant about the cars and format (qualifying, not practice) yet you go to the effort of starting a thread celebrating a rare technical issue with a Mercedes F1 car.

It seems like it's more Lewis's misfortune you're enjoying here, why is that exactly? :rolleyes:

Oh dear. What started out as I light hearted comment about the BBC using the word 'Power Unit' for something I would have referred to as an engine seems to have escalated into "I have a problem with Lewis Hamilton'.

The title and quote in my initial thread start was taken directly from the BBC sports page. I didn't refer to LH directly at all. If that's a problem maybe take it up with the BBC?

If fear an F1 fan initiated gagging order being raised.....;)

Mark

LH starting from the back makes for an interesting race. I might actually watch it this time.

Oh dear. What started out as I light hearted comment about the BBC using the word 'Power Unit' for something I would have referred to as an engine seems to have escalated into "I have a problem with Lewis Hamilton'.

The title and quote in my initial thread start was taken directly from the BBC sports page. I didn't refer to LH directly at all. If that's a problem maybe take it up with the BBC?

If fear an F1 fan initiated gagging order being raised.....;)

Mark

No worries Mark. I also made a Faux Pas last week on another thread. Frustrating when your posts are taken the wrong way.

Worry not, there's worse things that happen on here. :thumb:

Ant. :D

Maybe a thread title referring to your actual question might have been more appropriate. :rolleyes:

How about "What does 'power unit' refer to in F1 these days?"

Had no issue with the topic, had already watched qualifying so the title wasn't a spoiler for me personally, but knew it could be for many.

Any live events threads on a forum should be carefully named (with a spoiler warning) for those who aren't watching it live. No matter what the event, could be MotoGP or the World Tiddly winks championship.

Didn't leap to any conclusion it was an anti Mercedes thread mind or an anti Hamilton one.

Might be a race worth watching for those who haven't in a while. Rosberg may drive away at the front if he gets a good start but there have been some really good midfield battles this year and with a faster car coming through from the back it may get entertaining.

Yes Stu. Agree. It could be a belter. Even more so because The Mercs Starts have been poor. Look out for Kimi 1st into first corner.

Really looking forward to it.

Ant.

Watch Vettel they've been tweaking the car all week. Flying start into first corner would be my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom