World Cup VUVUZELAS M U S T be banned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S9KSY

Car
1995 W124 E280 Estate
So far, I have not been able to watch any World Cup game without completely muting the sound.
These annoying plastic trumpets, sound so ear-splittingly distracting that its drone will be bored into my brain forever and the sick feeling will be recalled whenever I think about South Africa in the future.
If the media coverage over the last few weeks tempted me to visit South Africa, the association to the horrible sound rendered me unable to tolerate even the view of their flag.
They do nothing for the atmosphere and should definitely be banned.

IF YOU WANT TO HEAR THE VUVUZELA, CLICK HERE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCbP-iZb0D8

The South Africans believe that it gives the Home team an advantage.
I do not want to contemplate the frightening prospect that South Africa Football Team goes through all the way to the final.
The Final will then be watched by South Africans ONLY!

Last edited:
I agree, the sound is horrible. I have watched with the sound off so far and that is fine.

I have to go to Johannesburg for work later this year and I can't say the idea fills me with glee.

I'm wondering whether I can watch the TV with 5 Live commentary - maybe the things are muted a bit, though that might just be wishful thinking.

My wife (the football fan in our house) had me turn it off because of the sound of a "swarm of bees".

Sounds ok to me, plus it sounds a whole lot better than mick McCarthy's commentary :D

I'd recommend watching the TV with the sound muted and listening via a good radio coverage.

Works well for Rugby, the radio announcers seem to try a little harder to make up for the listeners lack of vision.

its putting me off the world cup at the moment i dont like watching tv in silence but thats the only way i can watch it , its doing my head in that swarm og bee`s

come on england tonight :thumb:

So far, I have not been able to watch any World Cup game without completely muting the sound.
These annoying plastic trumpets, sound so ear-splittingly distracting that its drone will be bored into my brain forever and the sick feeling will be recalled whenever I think about South Africa in the future.
If the media coverage over the last few weeks tempted me to visit South Africa, the association to the horrible sound rendered me unable to tolerate even the view of their flag.
They do nothing for the atmosphere and should definitely be banned.

Even more annoying is your stupidly large font! :D

I hate them, they are sooooooooooooooo annoying. You can't possibly get a font large enough to even come close!!. Its like those stupid car flags - OMG, you may aswell tattoo idiot on your forehead. I'm afraid football fans embarrass me, they make me cringe. I'm not a football fan as you may have guessed, but i do enjoy a good world cup - well i did - BAN THE HORNS!!!

Apologies for generalising and offending 50% of the worlds population :D:crazy:

Who put the advert on ITV HD as England scored the first goal!?

I love them, all part of the world cup experience

Probably catch on to subsequent World Cups and Euros too. :crazy:

Stop complaining!! As posted by me elsewhere, it's not like we British ever used contraptions which made a horrible noise, is it?

6a00d83451586c69e20120a50c1eae970b-400wi

:rolleyes: :D

Drove me nuts last night watching Ze Germans polish off the Aussies

Worst noise ever ...

Theres a world cup on????:eek:

I kid......those trumpets are very very annoying i couldnt hear the well thought out football songs and chants. USA's was great.... it went U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A.....
very annoying but a great word to say though vuvuzala!!! vuvuzala!! much like habadashery... think i need a lie down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom