World Premiere of the MBUX Hyperscreen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Beam me up Scottie!
Video went on a bit, but the "Hyperscreen" does look fantastic.. :cool: :)👍

Looks very futuristic Not to sure if if like or Not :dk: . I’ll wait until I can see it in action me thinks

Looks great, but how do you operate a very complex and sensitive touch screen without looking hard at it ? distraction ? yeah. A step up from Tesla but more of a novelty than anything else. As I said, it really does look good, but only when you're stationary.

I think that would get a lot of people into trouble..........
Have the laws changed because last time I looked it was illegal to watch a screen while driving and with something like that I'm sure you will find it hard not to look at it when your moving the heating settings on the screen.

Hi , I was lent a demo car with the new system but I felt as if I was sat in in the left hand seat in an Airbus.

I am an old git and I don't need that amount of information.The younger set will love it.

I understand Samsung produce the screen for Mercedes.

My only concern is replacement costs outside warranty.

I’d have to wear my reading glasses when driving

That's a lot of marketing hype for what is basically and lcd panel with some fancy operating system. I cant help think its more a cost cutting exercise, after all LCD screens are penny's compared to switches and buttons and tactile functional equipment. Why did Tesla get rid of all that and replace it with an Ipad screen, because it costs way less than it does to design a proper dash board and source switch gear and buttons.

Not a fan. its a step backwards I feel.

As mb regaurd wiring etc as a perisable item, I wonder how long before a software issue makes the car worthless. Or are we looking at moving more into the 3 year life expectancy of new cars

I was reading on the new defender, it has 85 ecus and wiring rated at ip67 a far cry from my old 110 yet basically does same job till they need fixing

Not a fan of these new teccy cars

Not a fan of these new teccy cars
I also do not see the point of embedded in car tech when you can achieve the same by just having a 4G Ipad or Android device and an in car charger in any old pre-tech car.

What people need is a big analogue dial in front of them with a pointer telling them how fast they are going and pretty much nothing else.

The car can take care of the rest via computer , too hot , ? too cold ?, low oil pressure,? low brake fluid ? low on fuel/battery charge ? All already being taken care of by existing (in some cases ancient) technology ...but this is what 'the people' want....not need.

So be it , I think we all realise that the future buyers (renters/leasepersons ?) of new cars are more interested in the tech in the cabin than under the bonnet. MB know that.

What people need is a big analogue dial in front of them with a pointer telling them how fast they are going and pretty much nothing else...

You mean this?

gtv-20sa-20dash-20a-jpg.266044

Crack that screen and the car will be a write off.

Also 'Emotional Intelligence' - what happens when it has a moody day or a headache? Unrecoverable application error/blue screen of death/'Something went wrong'

Lots of stuff you never knew you needed to get from a to b.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom