World record attempt at drifting in a C63 or E63..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
I must admit that this leaves me most uninterested, along with discussions about top speed and racing away from the lights... however, each to their own.

(note to self: avoid MB World this weekend)

I'm guessing he won't be driving home on those tyres then!:D

but he might need to start with a full tank of petrol

it would be a shame if he had to refuel at the half way stage:D

Waste is rarely pretty. (apart from some fireworks)

It makes Merc look down-market.

I guess they want to appeal to planks.

You guys are being a bit tough here aren't you. It's kind of nice to enter into a discussion with a Chav and say who holds the world record for drifting then.........

Mankind is more interesting because there are people who rise to a challenge:D
Drifting a car is really quite a skill, but I worry about the longevity of some of the cars components if the track is dry. It is safe to say that if it is a world record then the car will not have been signed off in those conditions:eek:

My great uncle was the very first man to climb Ben Nevis on a motorbike(!) and I engineered the current the diesel land speed record car. Why?:dk:
Because we can;)

I wish him all the best, and await Kenny from the Block's response :)

............My great uncle was the very first man to climb Ben Nevis on a motorbike(!) .......
I remebr that exploit, would that be Sammy Miller by any chance, on an Ariel Arrow called Crocodile if I recall. I'm wracking my brain trying to remember the other rider, Geoff Smith the motocross rider rings a vague bell.

I remebr that exploit, would that be Sammy Miller by any chance, on an Ariel Arrow called Crocodile if I recall. I'm wracking my brain trying to remember the other rider, Geoff Smith the motocross rider rings a vague bell.

Drew Macqueen, a speedway rider of the period got up there in the early 1930's on a 1928 Francis Barnett.....:eek:
That bike had next to no suspension travel, nothing like a modern off road bike which would have been a doddle by comparison;)

So him practice a couple of weeks ago and there was a bit of a concern in the team about tyres holding out to the end. Will be interesting!

Anyone go along and see it? If so, how did he do?

Take it that one has the LSD option added.

Definitely. Thats how I blew up my first diff (open crap cheap diff), too much spinning in 1 sitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom