Worlds first full face transplant.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kurtdaley

Car
Evoque HSE Dynamic & Mini Cooper
Page 34 in the mail today, interesting piece about the Spanish male who has had the worlds first face transplant.

Being a donor myself I wouldn't have any problems about any part of my body being donated to another human being.

Would love to hear other peoples views on this.

I have always said, and most importantly told all of my family, that when I am gone they can take any part of me that they think is worth taking, lets face it -- it is no use to me anymore -- any left over bits chuck into a cardboard boc and throw on the bonfire.

Read about this in the paper last week. It is an amazing feat but the consequences of the body rejecting the organ is that if they cant control the rejection they would have to remove the face! The person would most likely be left in an even worse situation than before the transplant.

Read about this in the paper last week. It is an amazing feat but the consequences of the body rejecting the organ is that if they cant control the rejection they would have to remove the face! The person would most likely be left in an even worse situation than before the transplant.

Yes, apparently he will have to be on medication for the rest of his life to try and combat the body rejecting the transplant.

I think I'll see if I can order the face of Scarlett Johannson to swap with my missus lol.

For any organ transplant the recipient has to take anti-rejection medicines for the rest of their life, while they still have the organ.

Last edited:
I filled in the bit on my drivers licence that says I'll donate everything.

I think it should be opt out system rather than opt in. Then all the cranks and religious types that think they might have a use for their offal in the after life can choose to keep it all just in case...the rest of us can do something useful and save a life or give someone a better quality of life.

I have always said, and most importantly told all of my family, that when I am gone they can take any part of me that they think is worth taking, lets face it -- it is no use to me anymore -- any left over bits chuck into a cardboard boc and throw on the bonfire.

Ah but what if there is an afterlife? what if you are in that state like the woman who they thought was dead and found out she was alive just as they put her in the coffin! I'd happily donate a kidney but would want one left inside just in case I get to wherever I might be going and find I need those bits. none of us really know do we. we all have faiths and beliefs but no-one really knows do they?

As they say; 'In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king'

(If this phrase is true then I wonder why in the land of the sighted, is the one eyed man PM?)

Didn't I see a program once where Nicholas Cage had this operation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom