Worlds Greatest Drag Race 7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow! Almost as fast as my little Honda twist and go scooter....:rolleyes:

How is it, again, that we make 75% of our electricity.....??:confused:

I'm not suggesting for one moment it's an ecological solution but actually a performance solution. That would be quite ironic seeing as I invest in fossil fuel and mining companies.

I've always considered real world electric cars something of a fantasy that I probably wouldn't see in my lifetime. Tesla and Rimac have changed my mind on this, although I'm reasonably sure Tesla have yet to make anything close to a profit.

Rimac really is an astonishing technological advance in electric supercars.

There's nothing I'd buy yet but that has more to do with poor infrastructure as opposed to the vehicles themselves.

Electric motors can deliver maximum torque at zero speed, so they can deliver more tractive force at launch than an equivalent ICE installation. So not a surprise that the Tesla delivered strong acceleration performance. Would also no doubt offer significant regenerative braking effort too.

What surprised me though was the Tesla's continued acceleration eventually taking the quarter mile.

Before watching the video I would have bet money the 911 Turbo S or F 488 would have powered passed it before the finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom