World's Longest Sea Bridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ours should be better designed etc. Plus its a jobs boost for the area

I very much doubt it!

When its completed it'll need some sort of repair necessitating its closure for 'urgent fixing'...

As usual it will go over budget and never live up to the hype.

So how on earth does the forth bridge cost £2.3 Billion whilst this Chinese one which is 20 times the size costs a mere £930 million?

I appreciate labour rates may be a little cheaper in China but something cant be right with the figures?

They must have sold a lot of electric kettles/ toasters/ reading lamps/DVD players to Tesco to pay for that! Wonder how many people died building it? The answer - don't ask unless you want to end up in jail as a "dissident" .

So how on earth does the forth bridge cost £2.3 Billion whilst this Chinese one which is 20 times the size costs a mere £930 million?

I appreciate labour rates may be a little cheaper in China but something cant be right with the figures?

Outside of professional services (which they'll probably contract in anyway) basic "grunt" labour will be about 10% of our minimum wage.

Minimal costs for health & safety.

Minimal costs for QA of materials.

Even so, £930m does seem very low...

Even so, £930m does seem very low...

I guess there's an element of spin in there, along the lines of "We don't just make plastic toys, look at our fantastic engineering and it's at a bargain price"

£930M is what they tell us but I don't think they have the freedom of information act there so you won't be able to question it.

It is certainly impressive but £930m does seem a little ambitious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom