World's Most Powerful Motorcycle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
http://www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp

Just watched this on television. The manufacturer guarantee's it will acheive 250mph or they will give you your money back!!

One quote that made me smile was, "Everywhere we go, it gets the mobile phone salute."

Regards,
John

Edit: Just thought I would add this is a motor-bike that is on sale to the general public so the claim does not include the huge Dodge Viper powered concept bike with it's 'four' wheels.

Last edited:
I saw that on telly the other day.

By 'eck, that's one URGLY bike!

An' it's blummen loud too!

PJ

imadoofus said:
I saw that on telly the other day.

By 'eck, that's one URGLY bike!

An' it's blummen loud too!

PJ

That's the program, bit of a time differential here :D I thought the gas turbine bike looked quite nice compared to the other 'things' they featured. I certainly do NOT include the Honda Gp bike in that statement, but the gas turbine bike was street legal, I just wonder how pedestrians coped with the exhaust. Many, many years ago Rover actually developed a gas turbine powered car which used to live at the Science Museum in London?

For those that didn't see the program it also featured a 1000bhp drag bike, 0 - 60mph in 0.7 seconds?? 0 - 100mph in 1.1 seconds and 0 - 220mph 6.3 seconds..... Now that is getting into serious 320CDI performance territory :D Mind you the bike is slightly thirstier at 15 gallons to the mile

Regards,
John

glojo said:
That's the program, bit of a time differential here :D I thought the gas turbine bike looked quite nice compared to the other 'things' they featured. I certainly do NOT include the Honda Gp bike in that statement, but the gas turbine bike was street legal, I just wonder how pedestrians coped with the exhaust. Many, many years ago Rover actually developed a gas turbine powered car which used to live at the Science Museum in London?

I just think the MTT bike is a bit heavy-looking, and it's eyes are too far apart.

Looks like my neighbour's dog. :D

Rover actually built more than one gas turbine. they had a development programme for a couple of years. The famous one is JET1, built 1950ish, and based on an auntie P4.

They even took a turbine car to Le Mans in 1965. Finished 11th , I think.

PJ

imadoofus said:
I just think the MTT bike is a bit heavy-looking, and it's eyes are too far apart.

Looks like my neighbour's dog. :D

Rover actually built more than one gas turbine. they had a development programme for a couple of years. The famous one is JET1, built 1950ish, and based on an auntie P4.

They even took a turbine car to Le Mans in 1965. Finished 11th , I think.

PJ

For anyone that has not seen the Rover then here is a link

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2005/cars/other/project_1221/06/1506.htm
Don't forget the Formula 1 car which also gets a mention.

Stupid gimmick really.

Throttle response of a constipated sloath on opening and closing the throttle.
Combine that with such poor fuel consumption that someone has to follow with fuel cans every journey makes it completely unuseable.

Sp!ke said:
Stupid gimmick really.

Combine that with such poor fuel consumption that someone has to follow with fuel cans every journey makes it completely unuseable.

Sounds like my old company Montego.

Come to think of it, that said "Rover" on the front too. :)

PJ

It's true Jay Leno has one of these monsters. One of the problems with it is that if you're are a set of lights and are too close to the rear end of one of these things it'll melt your bumper!

Sp!ke said:
Stupid gimmick really.

:D ;) I don't think it needs a 'rocket' scientist to figure that one out. I mean.... who would buy a motorbike that is less economical than a car???

I merely respect the ability to build the bike and actually get it street legal in a proper sense. Not like some of the chopper bikes that we see with no instrumentation, mudguards, lights, suspension, etc etc

Regards,
John

glojo said:
:D ;) I don't think it needs a 'rocket' scientist to figure that one out. I mean.... who would buy a motorbike that is less economical than a car???

Errr... my Busa returns about 26 mpg and maintenance costs are far higher than any car I have ever owned.

Most modern sports bikes cost more than cars to run IMO.

Sp!ke said:
Errr... my Busa returns about 26 mpg and maintenance costs are far higher than any car I have ever owned.

Most modern sports bikes cost more than cars to run IMO.

GOSH!! :eek: :cool:

Sorry about that, I just couldn't resist it, but at least I never mentioned back tyre wear rate!!! Who mentioned back tyres?? ;) Chains

Take care,
John

glojo said:
Is she stupid ? OK she IS blonde.
PhotoID10542.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom