World's Tallest Bridge in France - Millau

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Looks stunning! :crazy:

BBC News Report

millau_1.jpg

The bridge's main designer is Norman Foster who's previous work includes...

mb05.jpg

Anyone guess?

The Millenium Bridge in London :devil:

Let's hope the French jobbie doesn't wobble like the one in London :rolleyes: Hmm I think I'll give it a few years to bed in before venturing onto it.

S.

The bridge's main designer is Norman Foster who's previous work includes...
The Millenium Bridge in London

Let's hope the new bridge doesn't wobble. :eek:

i watched the building of this on discovery channel...

they built the towers, then the road _on top of the existing land road_ - then shoved it acoss the gap to the first tower...

mad - but it worked... oodles of hydraulic walkers under the roads all had to work together or it would have fallen down :eek:

Magnificent structure - seeing the bridge *above* the clouds was a little surreal :cool:

Guy, I love the Discovery channel, but must have missed this - was it part of the Super Structures (sp?) season? Will try and catch it next time around.

you should have a tivo ....

yes - i think it was SS or possibly extreme machines...

Personally I think it's an amazing and beautiful piece of architecture - it makes the Pont de Normandie (which I thought was a spectacular bridge when I first saw it, like the shots of Millau today with the mist from the Seine rising underneath the main span) look a bit, well, boring in comparison!

OK I admit it, I'm sad, but I am currently hoping to do a trip down to Millau sometime next year with the express purpose of driving over that bridge :D :rock:

While visiting a former member of this forum in October we went to to see this bridge. Awesome is just one adjective to use. Seeing it on TV doesnt do it justice. You could slide the Eifel Tower under it. Will post piccies in the morning. (too late to mess around now) <edit> Pics enclosed

Bridge1.jpg

bridge2.jpg

Last edited:
That is just awsome. Id even call it a work of art!!! I think even brunel would be impresed with that!!! I want to go and view it asap :)

Stu

Maff said:
I feel a French GTG coming on!! :D
Mission: Sky Driving! :)

Bungie Jumping would be preferable
:D :D

...someone will jump off it with a parachute. There are people who do this sort of thing.
Les

It looks good and I would love to travel across it. :rock: :rock:

I bet they will have a lot of low cloud/fog warning reports in bad weather? :rolleyes:

the bridge looks stunning - looking forward to seeing it for real ;)

Speed limit on the aforementioned bridge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom