Worlds tightest E55 Driver Spotted ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Before I start apologies if the owner is a member on here !! (or not as the case may be)

In the petrol station last night I pulled up behind a Silver E55 on the LPG pump.

The owner put in some LPG and went in and paid, then came out again and put some more in and went in and paid and to my bemusement came out again and put some more in !!!! Went in and paid again and off he drove without any nods to me whatsoever even though he had kept me waiting for a good 10 minutes.

I will explain why this is tight, many garages do a LPG discount card scheme. Every time you put in 30 litres you get a penny of your next purchase of LPG, the next time you get 30 litres you get 2p of each litre and so on up to 10p per litre discount where it resets back to zero. So the E55 driver was obviously putting in 30 litres at a time to increase the discount quicker and save even more. Even though I can fit 65 litres in my LPG tank I really could not be ****d with doing that as filling up with LPG is a right faff !

I spoke to the bloke on the counter and said did he really just do that and he just shrugged !!

But he ho !

A penny saved is a penny earnt (tax free!)

Why buy an E55 lol

I can be as tight as a duck rse sometimes but that is nuts.

I'm all for a sensible saving but that is just obsessive.

And agreed - why bother with an E55.

Why not buy an E200/E220 and just stick all the bits on it... :dk:

It was definately a 55, an old one though

I dont blame the driver though per say as doing it how he does it actually allows him to drive a proper V8 AMG instead of some old banger then so be it ! I would have let him off if he had just given me a apologetic wave instead of blanking me !

A bit of maths - I calculate that by doing what he does (filling up at 30 litres at a time) he saves 8 quid odd per 270 litres filled up which I really could not be bothered doing !

Before I start apologies if the owner is a member on here !! (or not as the case may be)

In the petrol station last night I pulled up behind a Silver E55 on the LPG pump.

The owner put in some LPG and went in and paid, then came out again and put some more in and went in and paid and to my bemusement came out again and put some more in !!!! Went in and paid again and off he drove without any nods to me whatsoever even though he had kept me waiting for a good 10 minutes.

I will explain why this is tight, many garages do a LPG discount card scheme. Every time you put in 30 litres you get a penny of your next purchase of LPG, the next time you get 30 litres you get 2p of each litre and so on up to 10p per litre discount where it resets back to zero. So the E55 driver was obviously putting in 30 litres at a time to increase the discount quicker and save even more. Even though I can fit 65 litres in my LPG tank I really could not be ****d with doing that as filling up with LPG is a right faff !

I spoke to the bloke on the counter and said did he really just do that and he just shrugged !!

But he ho !

Some time ago, had such a (f)uckboy in a M3, did the same thing :doh:, waited for 15 minutes.
LPG + discount = :fail
But THE thing of this is, that M3 was with cabbage farts! :failWhere this world is going?! :doh:

Last edited:
E55 badge maybe

4 bog roll tubes stuck together in pairs under the bumper...

It was definately a 55, an old one though

I dont blame the driver though per say as doing it how he does it actually allows him to drive a proper V8 AMG instead of some old banger then so be it ! I would have let him off if he had just given me a apologetic wave instead of blanking me !

A bit of maths - I calculate that by doing what he does (filling up at 30 litres at a time) he saves 8 quid odd per 270 litres filled up which I really could not be bothered doing !

True - but surely one big bill coming in and it will floor you.

Unless he is ridiculously tight on all unnecessary expenditure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom