Worried!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tolly

Car
2001 W210 E200K Avantgarde
Lads

I have a W210 and first time today I sat in the back of it and with our weather at the moment (pissin rain) i noticed a few drops of water coming from the OSR pull handle the one that is on the roof.

Everything seems dry to feel so I was wondering anyone heard of anything similar or experienced it.

Oh almost forgot it does have a sunroof....

I've not come across that problem before, but I would start with the sunroof drain points and the seal around it.

Most likley blocked drain points causing an overflow...

Obviously, you would start with the sunroof drains...make sure they are running freely.

This is a saloon I presume? Is there a system there for attaching a roof rack? I don't know, but if there is, then do a little investigation there.

Shes a normal saloon, never noticed the roof rack points so i pressume there isnt any.
If it came to taking off the roof lining is there a guide as to how or just gently pull at the corners :D

Shes a normal saloon, never noticed the roof rack points so i pressume there isnt any.
If it came to taking off the roof lining is there a guide as to how or just gently pull at the corners :D

It can only be the sunroof, so open it up and make sure everything is sealed. By pulling the headlining all you will see will be the tubes running from the sunroof opening.

But isnt there like a storage space where the sunroof slides back to in between the headlinning and the roof itself?
I must wait for the rain to stop so before I am able to take a peak

If not the sunroof drains it will be the rain gutter clipped onto the roof.

Cheers lads just need clear weather now to have a poke around or even maybe tomorrow after work ill drive it into the garage and have a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom