Worrying ebay buy on Scoobynet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark300SL

1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/689480-would-you-fit.html

Nasty that anyone would even attempt to sell such a poorly modded item - that could actually kill someone!
Funny that he doesnt show the badly modified one on the ebay pictures though!

Follow the ebay link in the thread and you will see he is selling a lot more for other cars too!

What does the flywheel do in any case? :eek:

This reminds me of a friend of mine I used to go mountain biking with, who liberally drilled holes in his MTB... Including seatpost:crazy: :crazy:

I just can't get my head around how randomly the holes are drilled... Really can't be conducive to even spinning. :mad:

I think anything that says "lightened" (= weakened)has got to be treated with the greatest caution.

Something that is manufactured as light-weight is totally different.

What does the flywheel do in any case? :eek:

This reminds me of a friend of mine I used to go mountain biking with, who liberally drilled holes in his MTB... Including seatpost:crazy: :crazy:

I just can't get my head around how randomly the holes are drilled... Really can't be conducive to even spinning. :mad:

A flywheel is basically there to store kinetic energy, this helps to keep the engine smooth and balanced and makes moving off easier (especially with manual transmissions). A heavy flywheel stores more energy but makes the engine slower to rev. A lighter flywheel allows the engine to rev quicker but makes it less smooth and likely to stall when taking up drive.

Bid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom