Worse car ever in snow !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stesrg

Car
2007 merc 320 cdi sport with BRABUS power, bike VTR Honda, BMW R80, Kawasaki KH250
Well having to get back last night I was so stressed had to be pushed several times traction on at all times no off switch :confused: so switching from man to comfort to sport what the bloody hell was merc thinking about ? slightest hill and ther she got stuck , once I got momentum going was ok , I have driven so many vehicles in the snow but this was my first worse realy bad car !! ,,, now if it snows again my advise park it up and leave it their :wallbash: good job I got my 4x4 van to use :thumb:

Ste .

Well having to get back last night I was so stressed had to be pushed several times traction on at all times no off switch :confused: so switching from man to comfort to sport what the bloody hell was merc thinking about ? slightest hill and ther she got stuck , once I got momentum going was ok , I have driven so many vehicles in the snow but this was my first worse realy bad car !! ,,, now if it snows again my advise park it up and leave it their :wallbash: good job I got my 4x4 van to use :thumb:

Ste .

Why blame the car...you didn't fit the correct tyres.

stesrg said:

Ste .

Agree. Rear wheel is really bad in the snow. Thats why is use the q7. Doesn't recognise any bad weather. Just carries on going.

Just drove mine 140 miles in the snow this morning no problems at all. Got to say the winter tyres I purchased last year are worth there weight in gold. Saw many a FWD & 4WD in ditches or just abandoned as I sailed by in comfort, fantastic.:bannana::D

subaru legacy outback, proper winter tyres on a full 4wd system (not the haldex rubbish) will go anywhere. Snow is what these cars were made for. Best thing is you can spend £2k on a 9-10yrs old one and it will be more reliable than my brand new Merc. Great cars, got 4 at the moment, and spent no more than £8k on them all !!!

Ste .

buy the proper tyres for the conditions... my old C250cdi was a proper weapon on goodyear winter tyres... overtaking plenty of x5 / ranges / disco's on their kahn 20" wheels with summer tyres... it isn't rocket science.

No probs here as well on snow.

Powerful cars with wide summer tyres don't mix. White Astra vans on normal tyres seem to maintain the same speed whatever the conditions!

Powerful cars with wide summer tyres don't mix. White Astra vans on normal tyres seem to maintain the same speed whatever the conditions!

:D

On a more serious note, went out last night for a drive in our FWD Renault on summer tyres, no problems at all. Did see a couple of Mercs and a BMW stuck with spinning rear wheels, as expected...

I see these threads every winter, 'the worst car ever' or 'let's get an Audi Quattro' or '4x4 for winter'...

In Germany and in most of the Easter European countries people drive RWD's and don't get stuck and it just so happens that they use winter tyres...? Coincident?

We should get real and stop blaming our cars for our silliness. There is no car made for snow, no RWD, FWD, AWD or even 4x4 car will guarantee you will be fine in snow. Winter tyres are the only thing that is made for it. Mind you even winter tyres (without studs) will not save you on ice.

For snow, spend money and get winter tyres! ;)

G.

I see these threads every winter, 'the worst car ever' or 'let's get an Audi Quattro' or '4x4 for winter'...

In Germany and in most of the Easter European countries people drive RWD's and don't get stuck and it just so happens that they use winter tyres...? Coincident?

We should get real and stop blaming our cars for our silliness. There is no car made for snow, no RWD, FWD, AWD or even 4x4 car will guarantee you will be fine in snow. Winter tyres are the only thing that is made for it. Mind you even winter tyres (without studs) will not save you on ice.

For snow, spend money and get winter tyres! ;)

G.

For a single snowy day? :confused:

Makes more sense to leave the car at home and book a minicab with winter tyres for today's trips... :thumb:

Sorry guys its just less hastle to park it up and use my 4x4 Transit :) than the expence to get winter tyres , however if I find some nice Brabus wheels for the summer It might be good to get snow tyres fitted to the old ones and change them over in november ... and as I cant find the button to turn of the esp thingy I might resort to the van !!

Ste .

For a single snowy day? :confused:

Makes more sense to leave the car at home and book a minicab with winter tyres for today's trips... :thumb:

:thumb:

Yes I agree with you, that is an option but then don't say that your car is 'the worst ever' as it is simply not equipped to deal with it!

If you (like me) live in London and don't normally experience such weather just stay indoors while it is white outside (like myself).

Greg

Having winter tyres fitted to your own car won't save you from other people who don't have them fitted.

In "bad" weather people are better off questioning the need to undertake the journey at all, or use public transport like trains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom