Worse car ever in snow !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I found out that the boiler had broken, so no school.

Plus I don´t know why we don´t prepare for this better. Over the last few years we have seen a clear increase in the amount of snow we get - so why not prepare machines and staff to deal with it. It´s just common sense!

Not this year. The last two winters did have greater falls, but now we are back to the standard, regular trend of very little snow.

We used to get much more snow years ago and it wasn't a problem.

Not this year. The last two winters did have greater falls, but now we are back to the standard, regular trend of very little snow.

We used to get much more snow years ago and it wasn't a problem.

Different tyre compounds ie less sticky in the dry, no such thing as winter or summer tyres or was it just practice makes perfect or less idiots on the road?:dk::dk::dk: or a combination of all these!

Different tyre compounds ie less sticky in the dry, no such thing as winter or summer tyres or was it just practice makes perfect or less idiots on the road?:dk::dk::dk: or a combination of all these!

Less powerful cars running thinner tyres and softer suspension and drivers being more in control would be my suggestions.

I think that was the coldest Winter in recent times. My Parents next door neighbours underground drain pipes froze and blocked.

That was the big freeze of 1962...I wasn't even a twinkle back then.

I was 5 and I can vividly remember that the caretaker at infant school cut a maze of paths into the school playground so we could run around. The resulting piles of snow were as tall as us.

The bus in that video was going at a fair lick!

The bus in that video was going at a fair lick!

Yes I was going to highlight that - at 1:09.

There's "just get on with it" and then there is driving too fast for the prevailing conditions - and that bus would have a job stopping at that speed.

That was the big freeze of 1962...I wasn't even a twinkle back then.

Thats the year i was born(don't remember it though:rolleyes:),the thames froze here in Walton & the locals were ice-skating across it at Hampton Court-that must have been a cold one.

We has maybe an inch or just under. Been out all day and it that time it's all but gone except shaded areas. We had fun in it first thing though.

I had a BMW 320d last year. Nice car BUT in the snow - forget it. Attempted to reverse out of the garage and up the driveway which had a few snow flakes on it. Half way up the driveway I put the brake on and the car slid straight back into the garage and that was the end of that.

Not really wanting to defend the BMW but surely that's to do with the tyres not the car they're attached to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom