Worst Cars Of All Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For me it's a Fiat Multiplia or a Toyota Prius

Prius may be smugger than the average type wagon and Fiat Multipla is certainly weird and rather pointless, but neither of them even gets within javelin strike of the Polonez on st13phil's "heady top step of turd-dom". Even in beige.

This has to be a contender

6267785066_aea85ab9e6_b.jpg

I had a Montego (a company car). I still have scars on my hands from the steering wheel which was fabricated from a very hard plastic with a sharp seam around it. The windows were nice and deep, though - great visibility.

Last edited:
I had a Montego (a company car). I still have scars on my hands from the steering wheel which was fabricated from a very hard plastic with a sharp seam around it. The windows were nice and deep, though - great visibility.

That was to trick you into thinking you were in the outside world, and not in the Montego

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nissan Cube, Hyundai Matrix & Skoda Roomster have gotta be up there

My Father in law had a Matrix. 1.6 petrol auto. He spent his hard earned retirement fund on it. 8.5k for something that would be worth 78p 6 months later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Montego saloon was ugly as sin but the estate was OK - it won one of the 'car of the year' categories. I had a 2.0HL estate for a good few years, rust was a problem but nothing went wrong with it apart from that and it was decent to drive.

Wartburg Knight a nasty piece of eastern european nonsense,the water pump run by a shaft across the top of the engine the bearings were always on the way out.

ShaunB said:
I had Roomster 1.2 as a service vehicle and was one of the most reliable cars in a fleet. Never missed the beat and only asked for petrol and regular services.

zipdip said:
Wartburg Knight a nasty piece of eastern european nonsense,the water pump run by a shaft across the top of the engine the bearings were always on the way out.
That was really nasty piece of ....

Citroen Picasso. If you park next to one at a supermarket you just know you're going to come back to a ding in your door.

Citroen~Xsara~Picasso~(4).jpg

A neighbour had three over the course of 15 years. All bought brand new, never once repaired, just scheduled service items and consumables. He would have had another if they hadn't stopped making them.

We really do like to do ourselves down.

Along with many other BL-era products, the Montego wasn't a bad car. It was dull-looking and had something of an image problem but it handled far better than a RWD Sierra rep-mobile (but then again so did most cars of the time).

Although by no means a inspiring car, it is nowhere near being a contender for the worst.

My dad had a 1500 "Super" one of these in exactly this colour on a T plate back in the 80's.

It was our family car for probably 8 or 9 years and it was very reliable and actually not a bad car all in all - went quite quick, especially if you pulled the choke out.

Certainly the cloth seats were easier on the back of your legs in shorts in the Summer compared to the Austin 1300 and Austin 1100s which preceded it!

Actually our one was identical to that apart from the AA badge, door strips and the plate as said.

We have a Juke and it is definitely a polarising car.

Personally, we love it but it's definitely a marmite car.

I find it amusing some people's reaction to it in terms of hatred though. :D

Actually our one was identical to that apart from the AA badge....

I don't know why he wasted his money joining the AA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom