Worst meal I have EVER HAD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eels....wonderful.....like them smoked best...getting pricey though.

Smoked eel is absolute nectar of the gods. Anyone who likes fish would love it. Better than smoked salmon. Expensive though, as you say, but worth every penny.
A bit like an upmarket bloater.

Smoked eel is absolute nectar of the gods. Anyone who likes fish would love it. Better than smoked salmon. Expensive though, as you say, but worth every penny.
A bit like an upmarket bloater.

Where does one buy them ? Or order them for that matter.

Anyone north of Watford actually. It's actually not bad when well prepared, although it needs a good cook to do it properly.

-simon

But by god does that stuff (tripe) stink! We used to feed it to the dog and boy did it stink.

How anyone can put a cows stomach into their mouth I dont know. Absolutely disgusting.

Where does one buy them ? Or order them for that matter.

Any GOOD deli would sell it. Try Waitrose as a possibility. Certainly available from Harrods/Selfridges and Fortnum & Mason food halls.
If you have a local fishmonger, they MAY sell it.
Preferably buy it sliced in front of you, not pre-sliced as its quite a dry food.
Also available on-line from quite a few quality outlets.
Here is one....
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...rev=/images?q=smoked+eel&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en

Did anyone see the programme onteh tv where Gordon ramsay was cooking and selling tripe at an East end market. People loved it done with a bit of spice.

I've never had it but it's only the same as other offal such as liver or kidney.

Any GOOD deli would sell it. Try Waitrose as a possibility. Certainly available from Harrods/Selfridges and Fortnum & Mason food halls.
Preferably buy it sliced in front of you, not pre-sliced as its quite a dry food.

With a nice bit of horseradish and maybe a few good cornichons. Mmmmmmm

Recently my job took me to Norway for 3 days. Lovely country and really lovely people (all the ladies are drop dead gorgeous and blonde - but I digress). While there I was wined and dined by the client and had a couple of unusual dishes. One was nice and was Reindeer Stroganoff. Really delicious. Then I was "treated" to THE Scandinavian speciality dish, Lutefisk.
If you EVER go to any of the Scandinavian countries DONT EVER order this.
Its revolting to point of being ill (get my drift?). Its basically a white fish, usually Cod, but prepared to make it totally inedible (look it up).
Has anyone else tried this?
No wonder they wash it down afterwards with Aquavit (similar to Vodka but stronger).

my sons lived in norway for 2 years all the foods crap according to him his norweigan girlfreind loves raindeer but we have not told my daughter (7 years old ) that her soon to be sister in law has eaten rudolf :D

Well they say that you cannot see Norway or Sweden through the trees, all of the lad owners shoot the deer and elks, they do taste nice, and it supplements the farmers income. thats what all the little towers are for as you go along the E4 and E6 (3)

Also available on-line from quite a few quality outlets.
Here is one....
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...rev=/images?q=smoked+eel&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en

Try these guys: http://www.severnandwye.co.uk/

They supply Fortnums, their salmon is very good, I'd steer clear of Forman & Field, but if you're in London then Selfridges is your best bet (best food hall in the country IMHO)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom