Worst movie you've ever seen....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PXW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance; MG ZS EV
"Inspired" by Coggers' reply on the Transformers thread:

Great car, however possibly one of the worst films i've seen. Although I did watch Sex and the City 2 once!
biggrin.gif

So...what is the worst movie you've ever seen?

For me it was that drama/musical classic "Crossroads", starring Miss B Spears. I was persuaded by number 3 daughter that her life and mine would be enhanced by this unique parent/child bonding opportunity. So I wasted two hours of my life in the decrepit sticky-carpeted upper cinema at the old Robins in Camberley, whilst all around me pre-teen girls quietly sobbed into their stale popcorn at the emotion of Britney's performance of 'Not a child'.

In case you haven't seen it, please take my word for it that this movie has absolutely nothing to commend it!

The Hours was pretty dire, as was Monsters.

I'm glad i'm inspiring somebody, just a shame they don't say that to me at work. :doh:

I have so many, but I think the most recent for me was 'Knight and Day' with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. Uncomfortable sexual tension and a terrible script make for a couple of hours of utter pants. :wallbash:

Without a doubt, the 2005 Timothy Hines-directed version of War of the Worlds.

Having read some unbelievably bad reviews online a few years ago, I hunted down a DVD copy of it in America. I can definitely say it is the worst film I've ever seen, having sat through all 180 mind-numbing minutes of it just to make sure.

Such a shame, as he'd set out to make it as faithful to HG Wells's text as possible.

Difficult as I don't watch movies all the way through if I don't like them. The one that springs to mind most is Brazil, directed by Terry Gilliam. I went to the cinema when it was released with high expectations and left around 30 minutes into the film. Its the only time I have actually left the cinema after going to watch a film.

I've never watched it since but am aware that some critics praised the film, maybe it just wasn't for me.

Most recently 'True Grit' (Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, Jeff Bridges, Barry Pepper).
Got good reviews but I couldn't even watch it to the end.

Crank 2 - High Voltage was quite bad too.

Saw TinTin recently & while I wouldn't say it's the worst flick I've ever seen I thought it was complete rubbish. Every good bit in it is in the trailer!

I've watched a fair few stinkers in my time;

Vanilla Sky and All About Steve immediately spring to mind.

I'll add more as I remember them, although I can generally tell if a film is going to be crap and turn it off after 15 minutes.

Oh surly you recall 'Honey I shrunk the kids' and then the 'Fred Flintstone' with the actor? from Rosanne? (fat bloke)
Anyway both dire and memorable for their dire scripts - if they had one.

Oh surly you recall 'Honey I shrunk the kids' and then the 'Fred Flintstone' with the actor? from Rosanne? (fat bloke)
Anyway both dire and memorable for their dire scripts - if they had one.

I rather enjoyed Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (despite its distinctly ungrammatical title).

Two really bad movies spring to mind:

Biggles - the 1986 time travelling version
Highlander sequel

Planet Of The Apes (2001) was dire.

Where did they get the horses from???

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

Only went because it was the 3rd date with my current wife. It was the only place you could get some peace and quite and be "on your own" way back when.

Old Joke.
Whats on at the pictures tonight?

Lights if you go early enough.

Coat got.

Sharktopus. Name says it all really, almost bad enough to be really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom