Worst Top Gear ever tonight

Top Gear

• As good as it always used to be.

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Not as good as it used to be.

Votes: 45 44.6%
  • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Threads about TG not being as good as it used to be, aren't as good as they used to be.

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Top What?

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I love Vicky Butler Henderson.

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Clarkeson in the back of the 944 was amusing, as was Hammond delivering the patient through the window. But I have a childish sense of humour sometimes so I guess I didn't mind it so much.

Week 1 wasn't entertaining though.

Mr Tumble

Having a granddaughter in the house I realised a long while ago Mr Tumble (CBBC channel 121) is actually far funnier than TG

It's not a motoring show, it's entertainment involving cars, and has been for quite a while. Some are entertained by it, some are not. I quite like the 'star in a reasonably priced car' part, but for the rest, it's just three intelligent and well-paid men behaving like a***holes and having fun. I don't find that very entertaining.

A documentary on the evolution of ambulances would have been far more interesting.

Daftest one they've done but still a few funny bits. Probably already been posted elsewhere on the forum but if you want a good factual programme about quick "cars" then this

https://grrc.goodwood.com/race/modern/bloodhound-ssc-chris-harris-video

is a lesson on how to do a proper documentry... no stupid/loud music over the talking, not dumbed down for people with the intelligence and/or attention span of a corpse etc

I agree with Hotrodder , it had it's funny moments but anyone wanting to see a more 'serious ' car review type programme really needs to watch 5th Gear nowadays , Top Gear is definately more of a light hearted 'muck around ' now but it still has it's moments & TV would be worse off I it wasn't shown as it makes a welcome break from the usual 'doom & gloom' that passes for entertainment now !!

Clarkeson in the back of the 944 was amusing, as was Hammond delivering the patient through the window.

And then they proceeded to flog a bad idea to the point of extinction over the rest of the programme ......

Given that last week they did the Aus trip then getting back to some proper cars this week would have worked - and maybe utilising Mr Ricciardo a bit more - especially given that F1 changed quite a bit last year.

What a waste of a 944 turbo, granted it was rather brown, if they had reviewed say 2 cars in the show as well it would have had more balance.

The problem with Fifth Gear is "ex-F1 driver" Tiff Needell... can barely talk about the cars between commenting on his excellent driving. I have seen lumberjacks saw less than he does at the wheel.

VBH and gone off the boil a bit too... ;)

I do agree that last night wasn't as good as the first two episodes of this series, but that's OK, I still watched it, I laughed a few times, and I fell asleep just before it ended.

I enjoyed my Sunday evening more than I would have had I spent it watching a period drama or celebrity dancing/talent/locked-in-a-house programme :)

Last night's episode was great. I actually laughed out loud at a couple of places. Who wants a show talking seriously about cars all the time? Breaking that up with a bit of comedy is a great idea.

Far better telly that watching Clarkson powersliding some ugly and irrelevant supercar around an airfield every week.

And Ricciardo was so good too.

I'm astounded that the OP enjoyed it so little yet watched it and found time to post.

I thought it was not one of the best - certainly not the most sensible, but it did keep me amused, I laughed out loud at some bigs, and therefore I guess I enjoyed it.

Did anyone really see this weeks billed episode and expect a sensible review of a Brown Porsche 944? Really??

Wow, breaking news. Top Gear doesn't feature a car review. Please can we all now understand that Top Gear is NOT a serious car program. It is a light entertainment show, with cars.
And they are on to a winner, because someone who didn't even like it still watched it and actively took to a forum to talk about it...

Top Gear is what it is: a comic featuring jolly japing overgrown schoolboys with their toys who raise a few laughs. It's ok as light entertainment but I would also like to see a decent, informative motoring programme on our screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom